Hello World!

  • Tyler Frisbee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 25 8:14 PM
      Evan Koblentz invited me to MARCH and said I should send a Hello World message here. So, to introduce myself, I'm 15 and I'm very interested in programming and computers in general, but I've always loved retro technology for as long as I can remember, be it computers or gaming devices, even TV's and calculators. I spend most of my free time on my computer either researching, programming, chatting on forums like Apple Fritter and now the MARCH Yahoo group, or web design. I'm glad theres a good community such as MARCH for retro-tech nerds!  By the way I typically use either Tyler12464 or Super12464 as an alias.

      Sincerly,
      Tyler Frisbee
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 25 9:18 PM
        On 07/25/2013 11:14 PM, Tyler Frisbee wrote:
        > Evan Koblentz invited me to MARCH and said I should send a Hello World
        > message here. So, to introduce myself, I'm 15 and I'm very interested in
        > programming and computers in general, but I've always loved retro
        > technology for as long as I can remember, be it computers or gaming
        > devices, even TV's and calculators. I spend most of my free time on my
        > computer either researching, programming, chatting on forums like Apple
        > Fritter and now the MARCH Yahoo group, or web design. I'm glad theres a
        > good community such as MARCH for retro-tech nerds! By the way I
        > typically use either Tyler12464 or Super12464 as an alias.

        Welcome, young'n! ;)

        (Is it me, or are a whole lot of teenage guys becoming interested in
        vintage computing nowadays? Very cool.)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Cory Smelosky
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 26 2:36 AM
          On Thu, 26 Jul 2013, Tyler Frisbee wrote:

          > Evan Koblentz invited me to MARCH and said I should send a Hello World
          > message here. So, to introduce myself, I'm 15 and I'm very interested in
          > programming and computers in general, but I've always loved retro
          > technology for as long as I can remember, be it computers or gaming
          > devices, even TV's and calculators. I spend most of my free time on my
          > computer either researching, programming, chatting on forums like Apple
          > Fritter and now the MARCH Yahoo group, or web design. I'm glad theres a
          > good community such as MARCH for retro-tech nerds! By the way I typically
          > use either Tyler12464 or Super12464 as an alias.
          >
          > Sincerly,
          > Tyler Frisbee
          > TylerDev.weebly.com

          Weebly is still around? Huh.

          Any particular time period you have an interest in or any particular
          company's equipment?

          --
          Cory Smelosky
          http://gewt.net Personal stuff
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 26 5:08 AM
            <tylerf12464@...> wrote:

            > Evan Koblentz invited me to MARCH and said I should send a Hello World
            > message here. So, to introduce myself, I'm 15 and I'm very interested in
            > programming and computers in general, but I've always loved retro
            > technology for as long as I can remember, be it computers or gaming
            > devices, even TV's and calculators. I spend most of my free time on my
            > computer either researching, programming, chatting on forums like Apple
            > Fritter and now the MARCH Yahoo group, or web design. I'm glad theres a
            > good community such as MARCH for retro-tech nerds! By the way I typically
            > use either Tyler12464 or Super12464 as an alias.

            Welcome Tyler. Welcome to the underworld of computers. There is a great wealth of people with computer and electronics knowledge in this group.

            What sort of stuff / projects are you into?
            There are lots of cool retro electronic computer projects to build on the net.

            I heard Apple Fritter is another nice group. I'll need to join them.

            :)J
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 27 7:29 PM
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 27 9:00 PM
                welcome Tyler, my first computer was a Honeywell 200, and my first personal computer was an Altair 8800A

                //FORT77 JOB (1144,##SD,1440,10),DAVE, CLASS=W
                //                EXEC FWCG,TIME=1440
                //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=A
                //SYSIN DD *,DLM=++
                            INTEGER*2 MESSAG(80)
                10       READ (5,100,END=999) (MESSAG(I),I=1,80)
                100     FORMAT (80A1)
                            WRITE(6,101) (MESSAG(I),I=1,80)
                101     FORMAT (1X,80A1)
                           GO TO 10
                999    CONTINUE
                           STOP
                           END
                ++
                /*
                //DATA.INPUT DD *
                HELLO WORLD
                WELCOME  TYLER TO THE REAL WORLD
                /*
                //

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 27 9:02 PM
                  On Sun, 28 Jul 2013, David Keith wrote:

                  > welcome Tyler, my first computer was a Honeywell 200, and my first personal computer was an Altair 8800A
                  >

                  > //FORT77 JOB (1144,##SD,1440,10),DAVE, CLASS=W
                  > //                EXEC FWCG,TIME=1440
                  > //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=A
                  > //SYSIN DD *,DLM=++
                  >             INTEGER*2 MESSAG(80)
                  > 10       READ (5,100,END=999) (MESSAG(I),I=1,80)
                  > 100     FORMAT (80A1)
                  >             WRITE(6,101) (MESSAG(I),I=1,80)
                  > 101     FORMAT (1X,80A1)
                  >            GO TO 10
                  > 999    CONTINUE
                  >            STOP
                  >            END
                  > ++
                  > /*
                  > //DATA.INPUT DD *
                  > HELLO WORLD
                  > WELCOME  TYLER TO THE REAL WORLD
                  > /*
                  > //

                  Is that JCL? It looks a bit like JCL but it doesn't seem verbose enough.
                  ;)

                  --
                  Cory Smelosky
                  http://gewt.net Personal stuff
                  http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects
                • David Keith
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 27 9:10 PM
                    LOL
                    YES YOU'RE RIGHT,  FWCG IS A STORED PROC FOR FORTRAN COMPILE AND GO
                    IT EXPANDS OUT TO MUCH MORE JCL STATEMENTS.