Data Recovery / Tape Duplication

  • Martin A Flynn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2013
      Anyone able to duplicate DC300 tapes (and hopefully archive an image on
      modern media)?

      Martin Flynn
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2013
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Martin A Flynn <maflynn@...> wrote:

        > Anyone able to duplicate DC300 tapes (and hopefully archive an image on
        > modern media)?
        >
        > Martin Flynn

        Tapes from one brand and model of computer system may not be readable on another. I suggest you describe the brand and model and operating system of whatever wrote these tapes. Also, how many tapes? Also consider that these tape carts have an inner rubber "band" that in my experience will BREAK under stress and need to be replaced (of course there's no modern replacements). Good luck with all that.

        Herb Johnson