I need some floppy cases

  • ysgdhio
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 27, 2006
      I need some floppy cases, the kind that hold a single 3.5" floppy.
      They're made of a soft plastic, something like polyethylene.
      Anyone know where I can get a few?

      Thanks,
      Andy

        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 27, 2006
          Whats a floopy?

          LOL you should have thought of that in Trenton.

          I need some floppy cases, the kind that hold a single 3.5" floppy.
          They're made of a soft plastic, something like polyethylene.
          Anyone know where I can get a few?

          Thanks,
          Andy

          Vintage computer Computer security Computer training

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --
          Jeff Frady, http://www.fradycomputing.com/legodude522
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 27, 2006
            It's how Salvador Dali views CD-ROMs.

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 27, 2006
              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 27, 2006
                True story -- got my first portable floppy disk case (5.25) in about 1986 -- my mother found it a few months ago in my old bedroom in their house and she thought it was a CD case.

                Message 7 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                  > LOL you should have thought of that in Trenton.

                  I did. I looked. No one had them. Thanks for playing.
                • Kelly Leavitt
                  Message 8 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                    Andy:
                    Do you mean the sleeves that look/feel like a small sandwich bag?

                    Kelly

                    Message 9 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                      > http://www.wncsupply.com/floppy.html
                      > https://www.themediashopper.com/product.asp?language=1&prodid=35

                      Thanks Joe, but I'm not looking for jewel cases.
                      What I'm looking for is more rounded and softer,
                      like those CDROM "shell" cases except for a floppy.

                      Yes, I still use floppies.
                      But I've noticed that if I just toss them into my backpack,
                      they destroy themselves over time. I only ever need one or two
                      so I don't need a case that holds 5 or 10. And I know I've seen
                      these other ones; now that I want them, I can't find them.

                      Thanks,
                      Andy
                    • Bryan Pope
                      Message 10 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                        ysgdhio wrote:
                        LOL you should have thought of that in Trenton.

                        I did. I looked. No one had them. Thanks for playing.

                        In the voice of Apu:

                        "Thank-you.  Come again."

                        Cheers,

                        Bryan

                      • ysgdhio
                        Message 11 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                          > Do you mean the sleeves that look/feel like a small sandwich bag?

                          That might be one way to describe it, yes.

                          Andy
                        • Bob Applegate
                          Message 12 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                            They were probably under a tarp.

                            For old floppies (I use them for my Ataris and KIM disk interface), there are
                            lots of places on the web that sell legacy stuff like that.  They're likely to have
                            what you want.

                            > LOL you should have thought of that in Trenton.

                            I did. I looked. No one had them. Thanks for playing.

                          • Greg N Shari
                            Message 13 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                              If you go to Staples and check out the DayRunner supplies (Day Timer Equivalent), they have a page insert that holds either 2 or 4 3.5" disks. They are made as an insert to your day timer book similar to the baseball card protector/holder pages. Will that help?

                              Greg
                              > Do you mean the sleeves that look/feel like a small sandwich bag?

                              That might be one way to describe it, yes.

                              Andy

                              It has removed 2123 spam emails to date.
                              Try SPAMfighter for free now!
                            • Kelly Leavitt
                              Message 14 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                                Try these:
                                http://www.office1000.com/discount/disk-holders.html

                                Sounds more like what you're looking for.

                                > Do you mean the sleeves that look/feel like a small sandwich bag?

                                That might be one way to describe it, yes.

                                Andy

                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • John Allain
                                Message 15 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                                  > Thanks Joe, but I'm not looking for jewel cases.

                                  Butting in,
                                  this is what I'm looking for, Jewel cases for _PCMCIA_ cards.
                                  Let me know if'n you've seen 'em.

                                  John A.
                                • Sridhar Ayengar
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                                    John Allain wrote:
                                    >> Thanks Joe, but I'm not looking for jewel cases.
                                    >
                                    > Butting in,
                                    > this is what I'm looking for, Jewel cases for _PCMCIA_ cards.
                                    > Let me know if'n you've seen 'em.

                                    I saw them in MOC Consulting in Wappingers about a year ago, but I don't
                                    know if they still carry them. You might want to ask.

                                    Peace... Sridhar
                                  • ysgdhio
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                                      > http://www.office1000.com/discount/disk-holders.html

                                      Seems to be the closest so far.
                                      Just need to hold 1 floppy instead of 2.

                                      Thanks,
                                      Andy
                                    • Bryan Pope
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                                        ysgdhio wrote:
                                        http://www.office1000.com/discount/disk-holders.html

                                        Seems to be the closest so far.
                                        Just need to hold 1 floppy instead of 2.

                                        Thanks,
                                        Andy

                                        Scissors are your friend!   Just don't run with them, ok? ;)

                                        Cheers,

                                        Bryan

                                      • Bryan Pope
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Apr 28, 2006
                                          ysgdhio wrote:
                                          http://www.office1000.com/discount/disk-holders.html

                                          Seems to be the closest so far.
                                          Just need to hold 1 floppy instead of 2.

                                          Thanks,
                                          Andy

                                          Errgh... Forget what I said in my last email...  I thought it was talking about the 3-ring binder holder thingie.

                                          Cheers,

                                          Bryan

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Apr 29, 2006
                                            Andy,

                                            What you really need is a disk wallet. I carried around my kit of solutions
                                            in a device made of the same material as cloth wallets. It was durable,
                                            protected the disks, and held as many as a dozen 3.5" disks.

                                            http://www.ergoaid.com/shop/catalog/H3006_Disk_Wallet_6-p-22260.html Only
                                            $.53!

                                            This may be exactly what you are looking for:
                                            http://www.ergoaid.com/shop/catalog/MEDIA_STORAGE_FLOPPY_OR_ZIP_DISK_STORAGE-p-2-c-722.html

                                            Jim

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Apr 29, 2006