Northstar Advantage Boot ROM

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2013
      I'm in the process of bringing a Northstar Advantage back to life, and
      am wondering about the differences in ROMs for this machine. According to
      the Tech Manual, there are 2KB and 4KB ROM (2716 and 2732) versions, but
      it doesn't go into what the differences are between the two. Mine is an
      older mainboard (prior to version J). The ROM contains the diskette boot
      code, serial boot code, rudimentary video routines and mini-monitor.

      Is anyone familiar with the various ROM versions? Is there any
      advantage to the 4KB ROM? My system has a jumper to support either the
      2716 or 2732.

      I dumped the ROM last night, and may get around to disassembling it.
      It's labeled "BOOT 00117 REV 3".

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...