Baltimore Hamfest & Computer Fest Sunday July 21, 2013

  • m
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2013
      I have nothing to do with the following but thought some here may be interested:

      BRATS Maryland Hamfest and Computer Fest July 21, 2013

      The Baltimore Radio Amateur Television Society (BRATS) will hold its annual Maryland Hamfest and Computer Fest on Sunday, July 21, 2013, at the Howard Country Fairgrounds. The event features a 300-space outdoor electronics flea market (or "tailgating") area.

      A wide range of ham radio and computer equipment will be offered, including Amateur Radio transmitters, receivers, and antennas; personal computers; printers, modems, disk drives, and other peripherals; surplus military and commercial electronics; test equipment; and a diverse assortment of radio and computer parts, supplies, and accessories.

      Amateur Radio License Exams will be given at 9:00 AM only; check-in is at 8:30 AM. Pre-registration is required. To pre-register, call after 6:00 PM: John Creel WB3GXW at (301) 572-5124 or e-mail to wb3GXW@...

      The tailgating / flea market area opens to the public at 6 AM Sunday. (Tailgating space is on a first-come, first-served basis at the event (no advance tailgating reservations or registration).

      The event will be held rain or shine. The Fairgrounds is accessible to the handicapped.

      $6 per adult; children under 12 free. Outdoor tailgating spaces are $10 each.

      Buy your tickets online and receive a discount!

      To get to the Howard Fairgrounds, from the Baltimore Beltway (I-695), take I-70 west to the Route 32 exit ramp. At Route 32, turn left (heading south) to Route 144 (Old Frederick Road). Turn right onto Route 144 heading West to the Howard Country Fairgrounds entrance.

      Talk-in will be available on the 147.03+ and 224.96- repeaters. Call for information anytime.

      BRATS Hamfest and Computer Fest Policies and Procedures [PDF]
      For more information, please contact:

      Ed Rosen, (312) 854-9273
      hamfest@...

      from http://bratsatv.org/hamfest/