Vizatek IC Tester Model VZ4

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2013
      Just ordered me a Vizatek IC Tester Model VZ4. I am taking a chance here.
      Even though the tech who works for the company who sold the unit said it
      was good for old TTL chips, no way to know until I plug a few in.

      Anyone have any info on this unit? Nothing on the web. It has just
      entered the market in Feb '13.

      Bill
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2013
        http://www.drviragopete.com/electronic-parts-testing-service.php

        This guy has a lot of info listed on chip testers. It seems like it can test a good amount of stuff. Let us know how it works out as its cheaper than my leaper by about $50+ bucks and if it does a better job then awesome.

        I think after you start using the tester, you will ask yourself why you never got one before. I have used mine twice this week to fix stuff in minutes instead of hours with a scope. These devices don't replace a scope, but if your chip is socketed you can narrow things down very quickly and then pull out the scope if needed.

        Cheers,
        Corey