Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11/44 Sun 3/160 MicroVAX II and More in MA on ebay (fwd)

  • David Riley
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
      On Jul 18, 2013, at 2:59 PM, tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

      > I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and a working RL02 drive.
      >
      > It is a REALLY good price.

      I can't swing it right now (and I don't think I have the space until I
      get some basement organization done), but I sure hope it ends up getting
      claimed by someone good. If you're looking for RL02 drives, though, you
      might also see if Ian has any left; he was selling them for a really
      nice price at the last workshop.

      Not to dissuade you from picking up this stuff, of course, because it's
      also otherwise a really good haul.

      - Dave
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
        tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> writes:

        >I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and
        >a working RL02 drive.
        >
        >It is a REALLY good price.

        I'd split it for the MV-II, Matt would just put unix on it anyway.

      • tedheadster
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
          I was actually on VMS before I ever learned Unix. I was also a VMS administrator for a brief while for a VAXstation 3100.

          So yeah I have a Unix bias, but not without some VMS experience.

          - Matthew W