Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11/44 Sun 3/160 MicroVAX II and More in MA on ebay (fwd)

  • tedheadster
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18 11:59 AM
      I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and a working RL02 drive.

      It is a REALLY good price.

      - Matthew W

      On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      Ohhhhhh my that is one GLORIOUS pile of stuff! The buy-it-now price
      is actually very good. I can't swing it right now myself, as I'm trying
      to save up for a new RF network analyzer. (dammit!)

      Wow...the more I think about it...the more I think that's a really,
      really good price.

      If anyone wants to score this pile, and wants to split the take (and
      the $$) and get part of it to me, I'm game. I can spare a few hundred
      bucks. I'm swimming in MicroVAX-IIs and I have four PDP-11/44s, but
      would love any of the other stuff. (and those two would be more
      sought-after for most people anyway)

      -Dave

      On 07/18/2013 02:45 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:

      > Dave McGuire - on your mark, get set, go! :-)
      >
      > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:36:12 -0700
      > From: mc68010 <mc68010@...>
      > To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@...> ;
      > Subject: PDP-11/44 Sun 3/160 MicroVAX II and More in MA on ebay
      >
      > This is a cool lot for someone a lot closer than I am. It's in Gloucester, MA.
      > It is only a 3 day auction and it could end up being a rescue by the sound of
      > it. Hopefully someone can save it from landfill.
      >
      > http://www.ebay.com/itm/231018428749

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA

    • David Riley
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18 12:02 PM
        On Jul 18, 2013, at 2:59 PM, tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

        > I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and a working RL02 drive.
        >
        > It is a REALLY good price.

        I can't swing it right now (and I don't think I have the space until I
        get some basement organization done), but I sure hope it ends up getting
        claimed by someone good. If you're looking for RL02 drives, though, you
        might also see if Ian has any left; he was selling them for a really
        nice price at the last workshop.

        Not to dissuade you from picking up this stuff, of course, because it's
        also otherwise a really good haul.

        - Dave
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18 12:09 PM
          tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> writes:

          >I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and
          >a working RL02 drive.
          >
          >It is a REALLY good price.

          I'd split it for the MV-II, Matt would just put unix on it anyway.

        • tedheadster
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 18 12:27 PM
            I was actually on VMS before I ever learned Unix. I was also a VMS administrator for a brief while for a VAXstation 3100.

            So yeah I have a Unix bias, but not without some VMS experience.

            - Matthew W