PDP-11/44 Sun 3/160 MicroVAX II and More in MA on ebay (fwd)

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
      Dave McGuire - on your mark, get set, go! :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
        Ohhhhhh my that is one GLORIOUS pile of stuff! The buy-it-now price
        is actually very good. I can't swing it right now myself, as I'm trying
        to save up for a new RF network analyzer. (dammit!)

        Wow...the more I think about it...the more I think that's a really,
        really good price.

        If anyone wants to score this pile, and wants to split the take (and
        the $$) and get part of it to me, I'm game. I can spare a few hundred
        bucks. I'm swimming in MicroVAX-IIs and I have four PDP-11/44s, but
        would love any of the other stuff. (and those two would be more
        sought-after for most people anyway)

        -Dave

        On 07/18/2013 02:45 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:

        > Dave McGuire - on your mark, get set, go! :-)
        >
        > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

        > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:36:12 -0700
        > From: mc68010 <mc68010@...>
        > To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@...> ;
        > Subject: PDP-11/44 Sun 3/160 MicroVAX II and More in MA on ebay
        >
        > This is a cool lot for someone a lot closer than I am. It's in Gloucester, MA.
        > It is only a 3 day auction and it could end up being a rescue by the sound of
        > it. Hopefully someone can save it from landfill.
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/231018428749

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • tedheadster
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
          I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and a working RL02 drive.

          It is a REALLY good price.

          - Matthew W

          On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

          Ohhhhhh my that is one GLORIOUS pile of stuff! The buy-it-now price
          is actually very good. I can't swing it right now myself, as I'm trying
          to save up for a new RF network analyzer. (dammit!)

          Wow...the more I think about it...the more I think that's a really,
          really good price.

          If anyone wants to score this pile, and wants to split the take (and
          the $$) and get part of it to me, I'm game. I can spare a few hundred
          bucks. I'm swimming in MicroVAX-IIs and I have four PDP-11/44s, but
          would love any of the other stuff. (and those two would be more
          sought-after for most people anyway)

          -Dave

          On 07/18/2013 02:45 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:

          > Dave McGuire - on your mark, get set, go! :-)
          >
          > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

          > Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:36:12 -0700
          > From: mc68010 <mc68010@...>
          > To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@...> ;
          > Subject: PDP-11/44 Sun 3/160 MicroVAX II and More in MA on ebay
          >
          > This is a cool lot for someone a lot closer than I am. It's in Gloucester, MA.
          > It is only a 3 day auction and it could end up being a rescue by the sound of
          > it. Hopefully someone can save it from landfill.
          >
          > http://www.ebay.com/itm/231018428749

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA

        • David Riley
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
            On Jul 18, 2013, at 2:59 PM, tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> wrote:

            > I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and a working RL02 drive.
            >
            > It is a REALLY good price.

            I can't swing it right now (and I don't think I have the space until I
            get some basement organization done), but I sure hope it ends up getting
            claimed by someone good. If you're looking for RL02 drives, though, you
            might also see if Ian has any left; he was selling them for a really
            nice price at the last workshop.

            Not to dissuade you from picking up this stuff, of course, because it's
            also otherwise a really good haul.

            - Dave
          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
              tedheadster <whiteheadm@...> writes:

              >I might be persuaded to split the cost. I would want the Vaxstation-II and
              >a working RL02 drive.
              >
              >It is a REALLY good price.

              I'd split it for the MV-II, Matt would just put unix on it anyway.

            • tedheadster
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 18, 2013
                I was actually on VMS before I ever learned Unix. I was also a VMS administrator for a brief while for a VAXstation 3100.

                So yeah I have a Unix bias, but not without some VMS experience.

                - Matthew W