Identifying Unknown Board

  • Kyle Owen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15 7:56 PM
      Can anyone identify the make and purpose of this board? Almost reminds me of an EPROM programmer, but with only sockets and no ICs, it's hard to tell.

      Kyle
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15 8:01 PM
        On 07/15/2013 10:56 PM, Kyle Owen wrote:
        > Can anyone identify the make and purpose of this board? Almost reminds
        > me of an EPROM programmer, but with only sockets and no ICs, it's hard
        > to tell.
        >
        > http://imgur.com/a/MDgwy

        Yeah I'd guess it's a gang programmer. No clue as to make though.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15 8:55 PM

          > Can anyone identify the make and purpose of this board? Almost reminds me
          > of an EPROM programmer, but with only sockets and no ICs, it's hard to tell.
          >
          > http://imgur.com/a/MDgwy
          >
          > Kyle

          Yeah, a programmer. My guess is the empty sockets should hold some logic chips, but someone removed them. Also, I would guess that this is a gang program adaptor unit for a larger system. On it's own, it can't do anything. It probably connects via the 40 pin socket (via ribbon cable & 40 pin headers) to a master unit. The 28 pin socket on it's own, would take a "master" ROM, the 8 other sockets would then be programmed with a copy. Lights go ON/OFF when done programming & verified. Mid 80's?

          Nice source for some ZIF sockets.

          Put a search on ebay, perhaps in time, someone sells the base unit?

          :)J
        • Michael
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16 5:55 PM

            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Owen <kylevowen@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Can anyone identify the make and purpose of this board? Almost reminds me
            > > of an EPROM programmer, but with only sockets and no ICs, it's hard to tell.
            > >
            > > http://imgur.com/a/MDgwy
            > >
            > > Kyle
            >
            > Yeah, a programmer. My guess is the empty sockets should hold some logic chips, but someone removed them. Also, I would guess that this is a gang program adaptor unit for a larger system. On it's own, it can't do anything. It probably connects via the 40 pin socket (via ribbon cable & 40 pin headers) to a master unit. The 28 pin socket on it's own, would take a "master" ROM, the 8 other sockets would then be programmed with a copy. Lights go ON/OFF when done programming & verified. Mid 80's?
            >
            > Nice source for some ZIF sockets.
            >
            > Put a search on ebay, perhaps in time, someone sells the base unit?
            >
            > :)J

            It is from a PM9075 EPROM programmer made by Pro-Log Corporation in Monterey, California. I will ask one of the founders of Pro-Log when it was made. The manual is on Bitsavers.