HP 2109E on Wikipedia

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15 10:44 AM
      I happened to run across a Wikipedia article on the HP 2100 systems,
      and noticed that there are two pictures of my 2109E system from VCF East
      8.0:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_2100

      Alex Bodnar is shown in the second picture, playing "Mystery Mansion".
      :-)

      I've seen these before, but don't remember who took them.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15 11:00 AM
        >> I've seen these before, but don't remember who took them.

        Trammell Hudson, from the "NYC Resistor" hackerspace:

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/osr/7151170579/in/set-72157629984000797
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15 11:03 AM
          On Mon, 15 Jul 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          >>> I've seen these before, but don't remember who took them.
          >
          > Trammell Hudson, from the "NYC Resistor" hackerspace:
          >
          > http://www.flickr.com/photos/osr/7151170579/in/set-72157629984000797

          Ah, thank you. It's nice to see your machine up in lights. :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Stephen L
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16 4:25 AM
            > and noticed that there are two pictures of my 2109E system from VCF
            East
            > 8.0:

            --- Great system, Mike. I'm SO envious of the HP2647A graphics terminal.
            I used one of those when I was at Harris Semiconductor in the 70's,
            doing SPICE simulations. Loved that terminal. Have had very few leads,
            trying to find one in recent years.

            Have to chuckle about HP's designation of the 9895A as a "Flexible Disc
            Memory." Guess they couldn't bring themselves to to put the word
            "Floppy" on their stately front panel. :)

            Steve L.