Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: August 3-4 workshop

    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 15, 2013
      >>> presuming the same room, it may be getting
      crowded.

      >> I think we're in the room from when Lee Felsenstein was at our workshop, where the 2012 festivus was.

      As previously explained ... NJARC already booked the big room that we used last time (same one as for VCF exhibits, aka 9032-A), so we had to go with the small Festivus room (9059) this time. But, NJARC said they'll be done with 9032-A by 5ish on Saturday, so we're welcome to move over there if we want/need the space.

      The better advantage of 9032-A is there's more circuits and also 220V, so maybe we could test some of MARCH's and/or member's larger equipment.
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 16, 2013
        I'm a maybe also. Weekends in the summer tend to be hard to get away.
        Cheers,
        Corey C.
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> wrote:

        > 14. Tom H. I'm going to give a defin1te tentative maybe! I'm going to plan on coming, but I may have a family conflict. :(
        >
        > Tom

        > > Okay, latest list:
        > >
        > > 1. Evan
        > > 2. Kelly
        > > 3. BillDeg
        > > 4. Jeff B.
        > > 5. Doug C.
        > > 6. Matt W.
        > > 7. Henry
        > > 8. Ian
        > > 9. Jeff J.
        > > 10. BillDrom
        > > 11. Dave C.
        > > 12. Dave R.
        > > 13. Alex J.

      • s100doctor
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 17, 2013

          Evan wrote:

          > As previously explained ... NJARC already booked the big room that we used last time (same one as for VCF exhibits, aka 9032-A), so we had to go with the small Festivus room (9059) this time. But, NJARC said they'll be done with 9032-A by 5ish on Saturday, so we're welcome to move over there if we want/need the space.

          Evan, I don't read the MARCH maillist every day, it's not routed directly to my email reader. That also applies to a number of other groups, so it's not a choice I make unique to MARCH. I made efforts to back-read posts on this event, but I could not reasonably find and back-read every one of them. All I know, is you kept asking for "anyone else?", even with over a dozen participants.

          Back to the question of space for now fifteen participants: it would seem we can use TWO rooms if needed. If I have a choice, I will choose to use the larger room, later, so that those in the smaller room are not further crowded, by my late entry into the event. That's the most RESPONSIBLE thing for Herb Johnson to do. Thanks for the new-to-me information.

          Herb Johnson