Unibus on PDP-11/84

  • tedheadster
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11 12:38 PM
      I have 8 Unibus slots in my PDP-11/84, but I need some help understanding the requirements. I read about both a minimum load module (MLM, M7556) and a Unibus terminator (M9302).

      Let's suppose I have three Unibus cards: one for an Emulex UC12 disk controller, and two for a DEUNA (M7792).

      Do I need a Unibus terminator? Where do I put it?

      Do I need an MLM? Where do I put it?

      - Matthew W

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11 1:08 PM
        http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/pdp11/1184/EK-1184A-TM-PR2_May85.
        pdf

        will this do?

        > I have 8 Unibus slots in my PDP-11/84, but I need some help
        understanding
        > the requirements. I read about both a minimum load module (MLM, M7556)
        and
        > a Unibus terminator (M9302).
        >
        > Let's suppose I have three Unibus cards: one for an Emulex UC12 disk
        > controller, and two for a DEUNA (M7792).
        >
        > Do I need a Unibus terminator? Where do I put it?
        >
        > Do I need an MLM? Where do I put it?
        >
        > - Matthew W
      • tedheadster
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11 1:28 PM
          Nope, I looked at that and the details are hard to dig out.l Looking for someone with experience.

          - Matthew