Re: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: TRS80s

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
      >> it's possible that I might be able to be the intermediary, for this

      To clarify: these aren't needed by MARCH; I forwarded for members to find/give good homes.
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
        I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
        person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
        message he received externally.
        Bill

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
            On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

            I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
            person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
            message he received externally.

             Yep, that much was clear.  I was just offering to help pick the machines up, if someone else made a deal, with the seller.

            - Alex
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
              I admit I took a look to see how long it would take to drive down from my
              house...5 hours is too much for me!

              > I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact
              the
              > person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
              > message he received externally.
              > Bill

            • DuaneCraps
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
                Bill,

                Someone from Baltimore (hopefully a MARCHer) beat me to the draw. I’m next in line if that deal falls through and for anything Mr. Baltimore doesn’t take.

                If it rained soup I would be trapped outside with a fork.

                Duane

                I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
                person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                message he received externally.
                Bill

                href="mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com">mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com>
                > Sent:
                Monday, July 08, 2013 1:26 PM

                --------
                > > Subject: TRS80s
                > > Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013
                11:08:02 -0400
                > > From: John T. Blair <
                href="mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net">mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net>

                <mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org>
                > > To:
                href="mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org">mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org

                > > I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a
                Model 3 in
                > > Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk
                drives, documentation,
                A/D
                > > converter.

                I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick
                up.
                > > I'd love to give them to some that will do something with
                them besides
                > > crush them and shred the documentation.
                > >
                > > I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

                Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I
                might
                > be able to be the intermediary, for this. I don't have any
                Tandy
                > experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some
                would
                have
                > to fill me in.
                >
                > I'm going to try to come
                to the August workshop, but it might only be
                for
                > Saturday, as the
                Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.

                > Thanks!
                > -
                Alex

              • Al Hartman
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 14, 2013
                  Whatever happened with this?

                  Did Alex go get these, or did someone else snap them up?

                  Al