Re: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: TRS80s

  • DuaneCraps
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
      John,

      I could take in a model 1 and a coco. I live in a condo so I don’t think I have room for the whole lot..

      I am in Portsmouth. I am retired so I could pick up any time convenient to you.

      Duane

      Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 11:36 AM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: TRS80s

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
        >> it's possible that I might be able to be the intermediary, for this

        To clarify: these aren't needed by MARCH; I forwarded for members to find/give good homes.
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
          I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
          person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
          message he received externally.
          Bill

          > > I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in
          > > Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation,
          A/D
          > > converter.
          > >
          > > I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick
          up.
          > > I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
          > > crush them and shred the documentation.
          > >
          > > I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.
          > >
          > Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I
          might
          > be able to be the intermediary, for this. I don't have any Tandy
          > experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some would
          have
          > to fill me in.
          >
          > I'm going to try to come to the August workshop, but it might only be
          for
          > Saturday, as the Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.
          >
          > Thanks!
          > - Alex
        • DuaneCraps

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
              On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

              I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
              person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
              message he received externally.

               Yep, that much was clear.  I was just offering to help pick the machines up, if someone else made a deal, with the seller.

              - Alex
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
                I admit I took a look to see how long it would take to drive down from my
                house...5 hours is too much for me!

                > I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact
                the
                > person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                > message he received externally.
                > Bill

              • DuaneCraps
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
                  Bill,

                  Someone from Baltimore (hopefully a MARCHer) beat me to the draw. I’m next in line if that deal falls through and for anything Mr. Baltimore doesn’t take.

                  If it rained soup I would be trapped outside with a fork.

                  Duane

                  I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
                  person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                  message he received externally.
                  Bill

                  href="mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com">mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com>
                  > Sent:
                  Monday, July 08, 2013 1:26 PM

                  --------
                  > > Subject: TRS80s
                  > > Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013
                  11:08:02 -0400
                  > > From: John T. Blair <
                  href="mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net">mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net>

                  <mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org>
                  > > To:
                  href="mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org">mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org

                  > > I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a
                  Model 3 in
                  > > Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk
                  drives, documentation,
                  A/D
                  > > converter.

                  I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick
                  up.
                  > > I'd love to give them to some that will do something with
                  them besides
                  > > crush them and shred the documentation.
                  > >
                  > > I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

                  Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I
                  might
                  > be able to be the intermediary, for this. I don't have any
                  Tandy
                  > experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some
                  would
                  have
                  > to fill me in.
                  >
                  > I'm going to try to come
                  to the August workshop, but it might only be
                  for
                  > Saturday, as the
                  Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.

                  > Thanks!
                  > -
                  Alex

                • Al Hartman
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 14, 2013
                    Whatever happened with this?

                    Did Alex go get these, or did someone else snap them up?

                    Al