Re: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: TRS80s

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8 9:57 AM
      On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: TRS80s
      Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 11:08:02 -0400
      From: John T. Blair <jblair1948@...>
      To: cctalk@...

      I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in a
      Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation, A/D
      converter.

      I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick up.
      I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
      crush them and shred the documentation.

      I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

      Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I might be able to be the intermediary, for this.  I don't have any Tandy experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some would have to fill me in.

      I'm going to try to come to the August workshop, but it might only be for Saturday, as the Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.

      Thanks!
      - Alex
    • DuaneCraps
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8 10:07 AM
        John,

        I could take in a model 1 and a coco. I live in a condo so I don’t think I have room for the whole lot..

        I am in Portsmouth. I am retired so I could pick up any time convenient to you.

        Duane

        Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 11:36 AM
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: TRS80s

        I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in a
        Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation, A/D
        converter.

        I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick up.
        I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
        crush them and shred the documentation.

        I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

        John

        John T. Blair WA4OHZ email: mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net
        Va. Beach, Va Phone: (757) 495-8229

        48 TR1800 48 #4 Midget 65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
        75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887) 77 Spitfire 71 Saab Sonett III
        65 Rambler Classic

        Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
        Bricklin: www.bricklin.org

        If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

        From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
        e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
        In God We Trust
        Liberty - the power of choosing, thinking, and acting for
        oneself; freedom from control or restriction

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8 10:19 AM
          >> it's possible that I might be able to be the intermediary, for this

          To clarify: these aren't needed by MARCH; I forwarded for members to find/give good homes.
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8 10:48 AM
            I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
            person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
            message he received externally.
            Bill

            > > I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in
            > > Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation,
            A/D
            > > converter.
            > >
            > > I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick
            up.
            > > I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
            > > crush them and shred the documentation.
            > >
            > > I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.
            > >
            > Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I
            might
            > be able to be the intermediary, for this. I don't have any Tandy
            > experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some would
            have
            > to fill me in.
            >
            > I'm going to try to come to the August workshop, but it might only be
            for
            > Saturday, as the Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > - Alex
          • DuaneCraps

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 8 11:07 AM
                On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
                person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                message he received externally.

                 Yep, that much was clear.  I was just offering to help pick the machines up, if someone else made a deal, with the seller.

                - Alex
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 8 11:33 AM
                  I admit I took a look to see how long it would take to drive down from my
                  house...5 hours is too much for me!

                  > I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact
                  the
                  > person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                  > message he received externally.
                  > Bill

                • DuaneCraps
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 9 9:08 AM
                    Bill,

                    Someone from Baltimore (hopefully a MARCHer) beat me to the draw. I’m next in line if that deal falls through and for anything Mr. Baltimore doesn’t take.

                    If it rained soup I would be trapped outside with a fork.

                    Duane

                    I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
                    person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                    message he received externally.
                    Bill

                    href="mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com">mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com>
                    > Sent:
                    Monday, July 08, 2013 1:26 PM

                    --------
                    > > Subject: TRS80s
                    > > Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013
                    11:08:02 -0400
                    > > From: John T. Blair <
                    href="mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net">mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net>

                    <mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org>
                    > > To:
                    href="mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org">mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org

                    > > I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a
                    Model 3 in
                    > > Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk
                    drives, documentation,
                    A/D
                    > > converter.

                    I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick
                    up.
                    > > I'd love to give them to some that will do something with
                    them besides
                    > > crush them and shred the documentation.
                    > >
                    > > I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

                    Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I
                    might
                    > be able to be the intermediary, for this. I don't have any
                    Tandy
                    > experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some
                    would
                    have
                    > to fill me in.
                    >
                    > I'm going to try to come
                    to the August workshop, but it might only be
                    for
                    > Saturday, as the
                    Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.

                    > Thanks!
                    > -
                    Alex

                  • Al Hartman
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 14, 2013
                      Whatever happened with this?

                      Did Alex go get these, or did someone else snap them up?

                      Al