Fwd: TRS80s

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: TRS80s
      Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 11:08:02 -0400
      From: John T. Blair <jblair1948@...>
      To: cctalk@...

      I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in a
      Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation, A/D
      converter.

      I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick up.
      I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
      crush them and shred the documentation.

      I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

      John

      John T. Blair WA4OHZ email: jblair1948@...
      Va. Beach, Va Phone: (757) 495-8229

      48 TR1800 48 #4 Midget 65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
      75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887) 77 Spitfire 71 Saab Sonett III
      65 Rambler Classic

      Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
      Bricklin: www.bricklin.org

      If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

      From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the power of choosing, thinking, and acting for
      oneself; freedom from control or restriction
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013

        I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in a
        Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation, A/D
        converter.

        I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick up.
        I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
        crush them and shred the documentation.

        I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

        Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I might be able to be the intermediary, for this.  I don't have any Tandy experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some would have to fill me in.

        I'm going to try to come to the August workshop, but it might only be for Saturday, as the Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.

        Thanks!
        - Alex
      • DuaneCraps
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
          John,

          I could take in a model 1 and a coco. I live in a condo so I don’t think I have room for the whole lot..

          I am in Portsmouth. I am retired so I could pick up any time convenient to you.

          Duane

          Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 11:36 AM
          Subject: [midatlanticretro] Fwd: TRS80s

          I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in a
          Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation, A/D
          converter.

          I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick up.
          I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
          crush them and shred the documentation.

          I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

          John

          John T. Blair WA4OHZ email: mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net
          Va. Beach, Va Phone: (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800 48 #4 Midget 65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1106)
          75 Bricklin SV1 (#0887) 77 Spitfire 71 Saab Sonett III
          65 Rambler Classic

          Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
          Bricklin: www.bricklin.org

          If you can read this - Thank a teacher!

          From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
            >> it's possible that I might be able to be the intermediary, for this

            To clarify: these aren't needed by MARCH; I forwarded for members to find/give good homes.
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
              I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
              person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
              message he received externally.
              Bill

              > > I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a Model 3 in
              > > Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk drives, documentation,
              A/D
              > > converter.
              > >
              > > I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick
              up.
              > > I'd love to give them to some that will do something with them besides
              > > crush them and shred the documentation.
              > >
              > > I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.
              > >
              > Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I
              might
              > be able to be the intermediary, for this. I don't have any Tandy
              > experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some would
              have
              > to fill me in.
              >
              > I'm going to try to come to the August workshop, but it might only be
              for
              > Saturday, as the Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.
              >
              > Thanks!
              > - Alex
            • DuaneCraps

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
                  On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                  I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
                  person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                  message he received externally.

                   Yep, that much was clear.  I was just offering to help pick the machines up, if someone else made a deal, with the seller.

                  - Alex
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 8, 2013
                    I admit I took a look to see how long it would take to drive down from my
                    house...5 hours is too much for me!

                    > I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact
                    the
                    > person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                    > message he received externally.
                    > Bill

                  • DuaneCraps
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
                      Bill,

                      Someone from Baltimore (hopefully a MARCHer) beat me to the draw. I’m next in line if that deal falls through and for anything Mr. Baltimore doesn’t take.

                      If it rained soup I would be trapped outside with a fork.

                      Duane

                      I am going to go out on a limb here and assume that you have to contact the
                      person directly, not reply to the list. Evan was just passing along a
                      message he received externally.
                      Bill

                      href="mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com">mailto:jjacocks%40mac.com>
                      > Sent:
                      Monday, July 08, 2013 1:26 PM

                      --------
                      > > Subject: TRS80s
                      > > Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013
                      11:08:02 -0400
                      > > From: John T. Blair <
                      href="mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net">mailto:jblair1948%40cox.net>

                      <mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org>
                      > > To:
                      href="mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org">mailto:cctalk%40classiccmp.org

                      > > I've got several TRS 80 Model Is /w monitors, a Model 3, a
                      Model 3 in
                      > > Model I case, a 4P, several Cocos, 5 1/4" disk
                      drives, documentation,
                      A/D
                      > > converter.

                      I'd like to find a good home for them. Anyone interested and can pick
                      up.
                      > > I'd love to give them to some that will do something with
                      them besides
                      > > crush them and shred the documentation.
                      > >
                      > > I'm located in Virginia Beach, VA.

                      Depending on the time frame required for pickup, it's possible that I
                      might
                      > be able to be the intermediary, for this. I don't have any
                      Tandy
                      > experience, myself, though, so if any testing is required, some
                      would
                      have
                      > to fill me in.
                      >
                      > I'm going to try to come
                      to the August workshop, but it might only be
                      for
                      > Saturday, as the
                      Berryville, VA hamfest is on Sunday.

                      > Thanks!
                      > -
                      Alex

                    • Al Hartman
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 14, 2013
                        Whatever happened with this?

                        Did Alex go get these, or did someone else snap them up?

                        Al