Re: [midatlanticretro] Full disk copy program for CP/M

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6 6:23 PM
      Thanks Mike. I recall seeing that on the WC_CDROM index. I'll look into it.

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers

      From: Mike Loewen <mloewen@...>
      Date: Saturday, July 6, 2013 7:43 PM
      To: "midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Full disk copy program for CP/M

      On Sat, 6 Jul 2013, Richard Cini wrote:

      > Does anyone remember the name (or part of a name) of any full-disk copy
      > programs for CP/M? I'm looking for something that does both the system
      > tracks and the user area as I'm trying to eliminate the two-step process of
      > making backups of my new system disks. I've been browsing the Walnut Creek
      > CD but nothing is immediately jumping out at me as doing this. I'm sure
      > there's one there but it's like a needle in a haystack.

      On Montezuma Micro CP/M for the TRS-80, there's a program called DUP
      (Disk Utility Program) that will do the job. I suspect it will only run
      on MMCPM, though.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...

    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7 6:18 AM

        I think these programs tend to be controller specific, especially to get system tracks that might be formatted differently from the rest of the disk.  I know Cromemco does this.

        Bill S.

                      Does anyone remember the name (or part of a name) of any full-disk copy programs for CP/M? I'm looking for something that does both the system tracks and the user area as I'm trying to eliminate the two-step process of making backups of my new system disks. I've been browsing the Walnut Creek CD but nothing is immediately jumping out at me as doing this. I'm sure there's one there but it's like a needle in a haystack.

                      Thanks!

        Rich

        --

        Rich Cini

        Collector of Classic Computers

        No virus found in this message.
        Internal Virus Database is out of date.

      • Richard Cini
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7 6:55 AM
          Thanks Bill. I did find three programs, all of which seem to use BDOS calls to work their magic. I've compiled all of them and I'll give them a try and report back.

          Rich

          From: Bill Sudbrink <wh.sudbrink@...>
          Date: Sunday, July 7, 2013 9:18 AM
          To: "midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>