Re: Goodnight, Doug Engelbart :(

  • brian_cirulnick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3 2:52 PM

      > http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/technology/douglas-c-engelbart-inventor-of-the-computer-mouse-dies-at-88.html

      I just logged in to post this, but you beat me to it -- Engelbart was someone I admired, he was one of those people 20 years ahead of his time.
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3 2:59 PM
        I found a link to his "Mother of All Demos" in 1968:

        <http://sloan.stanford.edu/mousesite/1968Demo.html#complete>

        May he rest in peace.

        73 de Ray
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3 3:21 PM

          I just spoke to the NY time writer who is writing his obit. He has a signed picture of him on the wall.

          Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3 3:28 PM

            Oh. I just realized I was talking to John Markoff.

            BTW. I had a nice conversation with him about the club.