Goodnight, Doug Engelbart :(

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
    • brian_cirulnick
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013

        > http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/04/technology/douglas-c-engelbart-inventor-of-the-computer-mouse-dies-at-88.html

        I just logged in to post this, but you beat me to it -- Engelbart was someone I admired, he was one of those people 20 years ahead of his time.
      • Ray Sills
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
          I found a link to his "Mother of All Demos" in 1968:

          <http://sloan.stanford.edu/mousesite/1968Demo.html#complete>

          May he rest in peace.

          73 de Ray
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013

            I just spoke to the NY time writer who is writing his obit. He has a signed picture of him on the wall.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013

              Oh. I just realized I was talking to John Markoff.

              BTW. I had a nice conversation with him about the club.