IMSAI Update

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2013
      All --

      I've been working a lot recently on getting the Lobo dual Shugart 801 system working with my IMSAI and a CompuPro Disk 1 controller. As of tonight, I have one drive working pretty well, so I'm happy. The CBIOS needed some minor work to un-do the double-sided code and to fix the disk formatter to make it more reliable.

      I also found out that one of the drives is a bit flaky — naturally the boot drive — which was contributing to the problems. I swapped the drives and now I have a bootable single-drive system. I grabbed an SA-801 off of eBay so hopefully it will be in good shape. This weekend I'll build a full system disk and start playing.

      Next project is the CompuPro Spectrum graphics board I picked up. I haven't been able to locate any sample/test code for it yet though.

      Just a little bit of excitement on this rainy Long Island evening.

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers

    • corey986
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2013
        One of these days I have to make it out your way to check out your setup.

        Sorry I missed you this weekend at InfoAge. I was a bit under the weather on Sunday.

        Hopefully we can get the drives you brought MARCH up and running so we can have a nice demo of Zork under CPM on the IMSAI there.

        Cheers,
        Corey