RE: [midatlanticretro] VAX 11/780 on eBay

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
      "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <VAXman@...> writes:

      >http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-Digital-Equipment-VAX-11-780-/290939627967?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item43bd5a69bf#shId
      >
      >If I were to bid on this for MARCH, would MARCHkins arrange to and help to
      >pick it up? It's near Niagra Falls.

      You snooze; you lose. Received a message from seller that he received a
      *VERY* generous offer from a collector and the auction was withdrawn. :(

      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
        >> You snooze; you lose. Received a message from seller that he received a *VERY* generous offer from a collector and the auction was withdrawn. :(

        Doh.

        I'm taking something positive out of this. It has made me think about our long-term planning, re: power requirements. However my short/mid-term focus is 100% on our physical storage.