Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VAX 11/780 on eBay

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
      On 07/01/2013 07:09 PM, Rich Cini wrote:
      > Out of curiosity I looked at the install doc. I don't know much about
      > the VAX but I read it as 208v 3ph 20a...at a minimum.

      The three-phase requirement in the 11/780 is only for load balancing
      with the supplied PDU; that can be gotten around trivially.

      The current requirements, though...don't forget this is a BIG system.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
        "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <VAXman@...> writes:

        >http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-Digital-Equipment-VAX-11-780-/290939627967?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item43bd5a69bf#shId
        >
        >If I were to bid on this for MARCH, would MARCHkins arrange to and help to
        >pick it up? It's near Niagra Falls.

        You snooze; you lose. Received a message from seller that he received a
        *VERY* generous offer from a collector and the auction was withdrawn. :(

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
          >> You snooze; you lose. Received a message from seller that he received a *VERY* generous offer from a collector and the auction was withdrawn. :(

          Doh.

          I'm taking something positive out of this. It has made me think about our long-term planning, re: power requirements. However my short/mid-term focus is 100% on our physical storage.