Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: August 3-4 workshop

  • tedheadster
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2013
      Does anybody who is coming to the Aug 3 event have a tape copy of the MicroVAX Diagnostics Monitor (MDM) tape? I need to attempt to reformat to RA70 disk drives. I don't think they're totally dead (yet).

      - Matthew W

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 13, 2013
        > 1. Evan
        > 2. Kelly
        > 3. Bill Deg.
        > 4. Jeff Brace
        > 5. Doug Crawford
        > 6. Matt W.
        > 7. Henry
        > 8. Ian
        > 9. Jeff J.
        > 10. BillDrom
        > 11. Dave Comley

        Anybody else planning to attend?
      • David Riley
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 13, 2013
          On Jul 13, 2013, at 21:58, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          > 1. Evan
          > 2. Kelly
          > 3. Bill Deg.
          > 4. Jeff Brace
          > 5. Doug Crawford
          > 6. Matt W.
          > 7. Henry
          > 8. Ian
          > 9. Jeff J.
          > 10. BillDrom
          > 11. Dave Comley

          Anybody else planning to attend?

          I am! It's unclear whether I can come for both days, but I'll know more later.

          - Dave
        • J. Alexander Jacocks
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 14, 2013

            I'm going to try, as well.  Definitely only Saturday,  though.

            - Alex

            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 14, 2013
              Okay, latest list:

              1. Evan
              2. Kelly
              3. BillDeg
              4. Jeff B.
              5. Doug C.
              6. Matt W.
              7. Henry
              8. Ian
              9. Jeff J.
              10. BillDrom
              11. Dave C.
              12. Dave R.
              13. Alex J.
            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 27 , Jul 14, 2013
                I will be working on the MARCH Commodore PET type models (i.e. educator 64, CBM 8032 etc.). Is there anyone interested in partnering with me to fix these at the workshop?

                Jeff Brace

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Jul 14, 2013, at 7:48 AM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                Okay, latest list:

                1. Evan
                2. Kelly
                3. BillDeg
                4. Jeff B.
                5. Doug C.
                6. Matt W.
                7. Henry
                8. Ian
                9. Jeff J.
                10. BillDrom
                11. Dave C.
                12. Dave R.
                13. Alex J.

              • hornbetw
                Message 7 of 27 , Jul 14, 2013
                  14. Tom H. I'm going to give a defin1te tentative maybe! I'm going to plan on coming, but I may have a family conflict. :(

                  Tom

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jul 14, 2013
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 15, 2013

                      > Okay, latest list:

                      I should be able to attend. I've not decided what to bring but I'm considering some DEC stuff and some S-100 stuff, but not likely both. With 14 - 15 people attending, and presuming the same room, it may be getting crowded.

                      Herb Johnson
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 15, 2013
                        > I should be able to attend. I've not decided what to bring but I'm
                        considering some DEC stuff and some S-100 stuff, but not likely both. With
                        14 - 15 people attending, and presuming the same room, it may be getting
                        crowded.

                        > Herb Johnson

                        I think we're in the room from when Lee Felsenstein was at our workshop,
                        where the 2012 festivus was.

                        bd
                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 15, 2013
                          >>> presuming the same room, it may be getting
                          crowded.

                          >> I think we're in the room from when Lee Felsenstein was at our workshop, where the 2012 festivus was.

                          As previously explained ... NJARC already booked the big room that we used last time (same one as for VCF exhibits, aka 9032-A), so we had to go with the small Festivus room (9059) this time. But, NJARC said they'll be done with 9032-A by 5ish on Saturday, so we're welcome to move over there if we want/need the space.

                          The better advantage of 9032-A is there's more circuits and also 220V, so maybe we could test some of MARCH's and/or member's larger equipment.
                        • corey986
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 16, 2013
                            I'm a maybe also. Weekends in the summer tend to be hard to get away.
                            Cheers,
                            Corey C.
                            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> wrote:

                            > 14. Tom H. I'm going to give a defin1te tentative maybe! I'm going to plan on coming, but I may have a family conflict. :(
                            >
                            > Tom

                            > > Okay, latest list:
                            > >
                            > > 1. Evan
                            > > 2. Kelly
                            > > 3. BillDeg
                            > > 4. Jeff B.
                            > > 5. Doug C.
                            > > 6. Matt W.
                            > > 7. Henry
                            > > 8. Ian
                            > > 9. Jeff J.
                            > > 10. BillDrom
                            > > 11. Dave C.
                            > > 12. Dave R.
                            > > 13. Alex J.

                          • s100doctor
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 17, 2013

                              Evan wrote:

                              > As previously explained ... NJARC already booked the big room that we used last time (same one as for VCF exhibits, aka 9032-A), so we had to go with the small Festivus room (9059) this time. But, NJARC said they'll be done with 9032-A by 5ish on Saturday, so we're welcome to move over there if we want/need the space.

                              Evan, I don't read the MARCH maillist every day, it's not routed directly to my email reader. That also applies to a number of other groups, so it's not a choice I make unique to MARCH. I made efforts to back-read posts on this event, but I could not reasonably find and back-read every one of them. All I know, is you kept asking for "anyone else?", even with over a dozen participants.

                              Back to the question of space for now fifteen participants: it would seem we can use TWO rooms if needed. If I have a choice, I will choose to use the larger room, later, so that those in the smaller room are not further crowded, by my late entry into the event. That's the most RESPONSIBLE thing for Herb Johnson to do. Thanks for the new-to-me information.

                              Herb Johnson