8" floppy on 5.25 floppy

  • mmfrank2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24, 2006
      There used to be a place that sold a 5.25 (1.2) floppy to 8 inch
      converter, I can't find it now, I know that a cable can be made but
      the premade one came with some jumpers that would make things easier,
      I don't have a catweasal but I'm not interested in doing anything too
      fancy, any ideas where this can be obtained? Thanks Mike
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 24, 2006
        called the fdadap

        see

        http://www.dbit.com/fdadap.html

        Nice people.

        Kelly

      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2006
          do a google search for "Dave's old computers". There's
          instructions there. It's applicable depending on what
          connector your 8" drive uses. Mine use something
          different, so I've been working on it on and off for a
          couple of weeks. Regards.

          http://mail.yahoo.com