Re: [midatlanticretro] VAX 780 vs. 750

  • Cory Smelosky
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
      On Mon, 1 Jul 2013, David Comley wrote:

      > If there's room for one more, I have been thinking about putting my 11/750 on my small trailer and bringing it down to the August workshop. Might be useful to have two machines side by side to work on - and mine's mostly functional at this point (at least it was earlier this year).

      I'm gonna need to get out to the August workshop if that's gonna happen!

      --
      Cory Smelosky
      http://gewt.net Personal stuff
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013
        I expect I can have an OS disk and controller pre-loaded and ready to go for any VAX-11/750 that show up. This is all thanks to the beauty of the SIMH VAX simulator.

        I build it on the simulator (runs _really_ fast), and then I just dump the finished bits onto a physical disk when done. That's what I did for both my PDP-11 and MicroVAX recently.

        So don't sweat the software part, let's focus on getting the hardware working.

        - Matthew

      • David Comley
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 1, 2013