Re: ADM-3A Power Transformer Wanted - Introduction

  • DougCrawford
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

      > > You'll fit in. :)
      >
      > Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
      >
      > -Dave
      >
      > --
      > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      > New Kensington, PA

      Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...
      (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')
    • DougCrawford
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

        > On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM, equalizer700 <equalizer700@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except
        > > for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it
        > > can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the
        > > transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up
        > > transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
        > >
        > > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings:
        > > 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find
        > > any current ratings.
        > >
        > > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?
        > >

        > I believe I have the transformer you're looking for. Give me a week to get
        > it (it's at my other residence) and I'll report back.
        >
        > Kyle

        Now that's the kind of thing I like to see!
        Hope it works out Equalizer700 & welcome to MARCH.
        -DC
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013
          On 06/30/2013 10:36 AM, DougCrawford wrote:

          >>> You'll fit in. :)
          >>
          >> Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
          >
          > Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...

          That's how I got Autumn, who is 14 years my junior! The surgery was
          worth it. ;)

          > (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')

          Indeed, but I don't take it for granted. My whole family is like
          that. My mother is in her sixties, and she could pass for 30! I'm 44,
          and I still regularly get carded when I request fire water at a
          restaurant. Life is good. :)

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ