Re: ADM-3A Power Transformer Wanted

  • equalizer700
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
      Kyle that is fantastic! Thank you so much for looking! I have lots I would consider trading: Peripheral Vision Dual 8 inch floppy drive cabinet with one 8 inch drive, Peripheral Vision PV1001 S-100 disc control board, no docs, has two sets of top edge contacts for connecting drives. MITS 88-VI RTC Bare Board, unpopulated, with a few components. S-100 Wire Wrap Board with 31 wire wrap sockets, partially wired. Large populated NON-S-100 wire wrap board, designed to interface microcomputer to IBM system controller as a terminal via high-speed coax cable. With 8X305 processor. 8X305 ICEPack with board for Intel MDS-80 system, software and original manuals. MITS 4K RAM Board 88-4MCD (Rev 2) with original manual. Cromemco Cyclops Camera controller 88-CCC Boards 1 and 2. (Rev 1) No camera.

      But since I'm a hoarder, I prefer to trade cash :-). You've got me drooling...please make me an offer LOL

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "equalizer700" <equalizer700@...> wrote:

      > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
      >
      > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings: 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find any current ratings.
      >
      > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?

    • DougCrawford
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

        > > You'll fit in. :)
        >
        > Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
        >
        > -Dave
        >
        > --
        > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        > New Kensington, PA

        Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...
        (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')
      • DougCrawford
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

          > On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM, equalizer700 <equalizer700@...>wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except
          > > for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it
          > > can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the
          > > transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up
          > > transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
          > >
          > > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings:
          > > 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find
          > > any current ratings.
          > >
          > > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?
          > >

          > I believe I have the transformer you're looking for. Give me a week to get
          > it (it's at my other residence) and I'll report back.
          >
          > Kyle

          Now that's the kind of thing I like to see!
          Hope it works out Equalizer700 & welcome to MARCH.
          -DC
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013
            On 06/30/2013 10:36 AM, DougCrawford wrote:

            >>> You'll fit in. :)
            >>
            >> Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
            >
            > Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...

            That's how I got Autumn, who is 14 years my junior! The surgery was
            worth it. ;)

            > (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')

            Indeed, but I don't take it for granted. My whole family is like
            that. My mother is in her sixties, and she could pass for 30! I'm 44,
            and I still regularly get carded when I request fire water at a
            restaurant. Life is good. :)

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ