Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: ADM-3A Power Transformer Wanted - Introduction

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
      On Sat, 29 Jun 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      >>> I am a very old programmer
      >
      > You'll fit in. :)

      Eh, speak up sonny!

      Got my start on an IBM 360/67 in 1970.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • equalizer700
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
        Kyle that is fantastic! Thank you so much for looking! I have lots I would consider trading: Peripheral Vision Dual 8 inch floppy drive cabinet with one 8 inch drive, Peripheral Vision PV1001 S-100 disc control board, no docs, has two sets of top edge contacts for connecting drives. MITS 88-VI RTC Bare Board, unpopulated, with a few components. S-100 Wire Wrap Board with 31 wire wrap sockets, partially wired. Large populated NON-S-100 wire wrap board, designed to interface microcomputer to IBM system controller as a terminal via high-speed coax cable. With 8X305 processor. 8X305 ICEPack with board for Intel MDS-80 system, software and original manuals. MITS 4K RAM Board 88-4MCD (Rev 2) with original manual. Cromemco Cyclops Camera controller 88-CCC Boards 1 and 2. (Rev 1) No camera.

        But since I'm a hoarder, I prefer to trade cash :-). You've got me drooling...please make me an offer LOL

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "equalizer700" <equalizer700@...> wrote:

        > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
        >
        > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings: 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find any current ratings.
        >
        > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?

      • DougCrawford
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

          > > You'll fit in. :)
          >
          > Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
          >
          > -Dave
          >
          > --
          > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          > New Kensington, PA

          Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...
          (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')
        • DougCrawford
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

            > On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM, equalizer700 <equalizer700@...>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except
            > > for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it
            > > can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the
            > > transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up
            > > transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
            > >
            > > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings:
            > > 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find
            > > any current ratings.
            > >
            > > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?
            > >

            > I believe I have the transformer you're looking for. Give me a week to get
            > it (it's at my other residence) and I'll report back.
            >
            > Kyle

            Now that's the kind of thing I like to see!
            Hope it works out Equalizer700 & welcome to MARCH.
            -DC
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013
              On 06/30/2013 10:36 AM, DougCrawford wrote:

              >>> You'll fit in. :)
              >>
              >> Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
              >
              > Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...

              That's how I got Autumn, who is 14 years my junior! The surgery was
              worth it. ;)

              > (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')

              Indeed, but I don't take it for granted. My whole family is like
              that. My mother is in her sixties, and she could pass for 30! I'm 44,
              and I still regularly get carded when I request fire water at a
              restaurant. Life is good. :)

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ