Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: ADM-3A Power Transformer Wanted - Introduction

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 29 8:17 AM
      On 06/29/2013 10:42 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >>> I am a very old programmer
      >
      > You'll fit in. :)

      Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 29 8:52 AM
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        >>> I am a very old programmer
        >
        >You'll fit in. :)

        Can you do 1702's? Get it...?
        --
        Sent from my PDP 8/e.
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 29 1:32 PM
          On Sat, 29 Jun 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          >>> I am a very old programmer
          >
          > You'll fit in. :)

          Eh, speak up sonny!

          Got my start on an IBM 360/67 in 1970.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • equalizer700
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 29 10:18 PM
            Kyle that is fantastic! Thank you so much for looking! I have lots I would consider trading: Peripheral Vision Dual 8 inch floppy drive cabinet with one 8 inch drive, Peripheral Vision PV1001 S-100 disc control board, no docs, has two sets of top edge contacts for connecting drives. MITS 88-VI RTC Bare Board, unpopulated, with a few components. S-100 Wire Wrap Board with 31 wire wrap sockets, partially wired. Large populated NON-S-100 wire wrap board, designed to interface microcomputer to IBM system controller as a terminal via high-speed coax cable. With 8X305 processor. 8X305 ICEPack with board for Intel MDS-80 system, software and original manuals. MITS 4K RAM Board 88-4MCD (Rev 2) with original manual. Cromemco Cyclops Camera controller 88-CCC Boards 1 and 2. (Rev 1) No camera.

            But since I'm a hoarder, I prefer to trade cash :-). You've got me drooling...please make me an offer LOL

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "equalizer700" <equalizer700@...> wrote:

            > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
            >
            > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings: 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find any current ratings.
            >
            > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?

          • DougCrawford
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 30 7:36 AM

              > > You'll fit in. :)
              >
              > Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
              >
              > -Dave
              >
              > --
              > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              > New Kensington, PA

              Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...
              (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')
            • DougCrawford
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30 7:41 AM

                > On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM, equalizer700 <equalizer700@...>wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except
                > > for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it
                > > can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the
                > > transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up
                > > transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
                > >
                > > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings:
                > > 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find
                > > any current ratings.
                > >
                > > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?
                > >

                > I believe I have the transformer you're looking for. Give me a week to get
                > it (it's at my other residence) and I'll report back.
                >
                > Kyle

                Now that's the kind of thing I like to see!
                Hope it works out Equalizer700 & welcome to MARCH.
                -DC
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 30 8:11 AM
                  On 06/30/2013 10:36 AM, DougCrawford wrote:

                  >>> You'll fit in. :)
                  >>
                  >> Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
                  >
                  > Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...

                  That's how I got Autumn, who is 14 years my junior! The surgery was
                  worth it. ;)

                  > (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')

                  Indeed, but I don't take it for granted. My whole family is like
                  that. My mother is in her sixties, and she could pass for 30! I'm 44,
                  and I still regularly get carded when I request fire water at a
                  restaurant. Life is good. :)

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ