Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: ADM-3A Power Transformer Wanted - Introduction

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
      >> I am a very old programmer

      You'll fit in. :)
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
        On 06/29/2013 10:42 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        >>> I am a very old programmer
        >
        > You'll fit in. :)

        Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
          Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          >>> I am a very old programmer
          >
          >You'll fit in. :)

          Can you do 1702's? Get it...?
          --
          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
            On Sat, 29 Jun 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            >>> I am a very old programmer
            >
            > You'll fit in. :)

            Eh, speak up sonny!

            Got my start on an IBM 360/67 in 1970.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • equalizer700
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 29, 2013
              Kyle that is fantastic! Thank you so much for looking! I have lots I would consider trading: Peripheral Vision Dual 8 inch floppy drive cabinet with one 8 inch drive, Peripheral Vision PV1001 S-100 disc control board, no docs, has two sets of top edge contacts for connecting drives. MITS 88-VI RTC Bare Board, unpopulated, with a few components. S-100 Wire Wrap Board with 31 wire wrap sockets, partially wired. Large populated NON-S-100 wire wrap board, designed to interface microcomputer to IBM system controller as a terminal via high-speed coax cable. With 8X305 processor. 8X305 ICEPack with board for Intel MDS-80 system, software and original manuals. MITS 4K RAM Board 88-4MCD (Rev 2) with original manual. Cromemco Cyclops Camera controller 88-CCC Boards 1 and 2. (Rev 1) No camera.

              But since I'm a hoarder, I prefer to trade cash :-). You've got me drooling...please make me an offer LOL

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "equalizer700" <equalizer700@...> wrote:

              > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
              >
              > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings: 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find any current ratings.
              >
              > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?

            • DougCrawford
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

                > > You'll fit in. :)
                >
                > Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
                >
                > -Dave
                >
                > --
                > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                > New Kensington, PA

                Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...
                (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')
              • DougCrawford
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013

                  > On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM, equalizer700 <equalizer700@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > I just got an ADM-3A off eBay. it looks to be in super great shape except
                  > > for one thing: it's 230 Volt. The eBay seller misrepresented the item so it
                  > > can be returned, but it is in such good shape I'd like to replace the
                  > > transformer with a US version. In the meantime I'll try a 110-230V step-up
                  > > transformer. There is a 50-60 Hz switch so that should be no problem.
                  > >
                  > > The original 110V transformer part number is 129458-3. It has 3 windings:
                  > > 9.4V used for +5, 31V used for +/-12 and 20.5V used for +15. I can't find
                  > > any current ratings.
                  > >
                  > > Anyone got a scrap ADM-3A for parts? Other ideas?
                  > >

                  > I believe I have the transformer you're looking for. Give me a week to get
                  > it (it's at my other residence) and I'll report back.
                  >
                  > Kyle

                  Now that's the kind of thing I like to see!
                  Hope it works out Equalizer700 & welcome to MARCH.
                  -DC
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 30, 2013
                    On 06/30/2013 10:36 AM, DougCrawford wrote:

                    >>> You'll fit in. :)
                    >>
                    >> Are you saying we're OLD? (sonny?)
                    >
                    > Hey Mr. McGuire, just because you look 1/2 your age...

                    That's how I got Autumn, who is 14 years my junior! The surgery was
                    worth it. ;)

                    > (sneering as if to say 'you stinker')

                    Indeed, but I don't take it for granted. My whole family is like
                    that. My mother is in her sixties, and she could pass for 30! I'm 44,
                    and I still regularly get carded when I request fire water at a
                    restaurant. Life is good. :)

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ