Re: Timex Sinclair 1000 at Field Day

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:
      > A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.

      That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)

      > Missing power supply

      As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
      under the keyboard, heating it up.

      Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
      the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
      It goes brittle from age, not use.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        On 06/29/2013 04:18 AM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
        >> A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.
        >
        > That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)
        >
        >> Missing power supply
        >
        > As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
        > under the keyboard, heating it up.
        >
        > Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
        > the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
        > It goes brittle from age, not use.

        Has anyone here done, or can anyone here do, CAD drawings of the
        (likely three) layers of the ZX81's keyboard? If I can get the CAD
        drawings, it's likely that I can get new, exact-replacement keyboards
        made for not a lot of money.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ