Re: [midatlanticretro] August 3-4 workshop

    Message 1 of 27 , Jun 27, 2013
      > 1. Evan
      > 2. Kelly

      > 1. Evan
      > 2.Bill

      Collision detection!

      Corrected:

      1. Evan
      2. Kelly
      3. Bill Deg.
    • deestroyer39
      Message 2 of 27 , Jun 27, 2013

        > > 1. Evan
        > > 2. Kelly
        >
        > > 1. Evan
        > > 2.Bill
        >
        > Collision detection!
        >
        > Corrected:
        >
        > 1. Evan
        > 2. Kelly
        > 3. Bill Deg.
        > 4. Henry
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 27, 2013
          >Collision detection!

          Who would have know that Evan could program for a collision detection? Which
          register was it?

          Corrected:

          1. Evan
          2. Kelly
          3. Bill Deg.
          4. Jeff Brace
        • DougCrawford
          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 30, 2013

            > >Collision detection!
            >
            > Who would have know that Evan could program for a collision detection? Which
            > register was it?
            >
            > Corrected:
            >
            > 1. Evan
            > 2. Kelly
            > 3. Bill Deg.
            > 4. Jeff Brace

            I don't see why not:

            1. Evan
            2. Kelly
            3. Bill Deg.
            4. Jeff Brace
            5. Doug Crawford
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 30, 2013
              >From: DougCrawford

              >I don't see why not:

              I don't see "why not" either, only "why" ;)
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 30, 2013
                Updated list:

                1. Evan
                2. Kelly
                3. Bill Deg.
                4. Jeff Brace
                5. Doug Crawford
                6. Matt W.
                7. Henry
                8. Ian
                9. Jeff J.
              • Bill Dromgoole
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 30, 2013
                  > Updated list:
                  >
                  > 1. Evan
                  > 2. Kelly
                  > 3. Bill Deg.
                  > 4. Jeff Brace
                  > 5. Doug Crawford
                  > 6. Matt W.
                  > 7. Henry
                  > 8. Ian
                  > 9. Jeff J.
                  > 10. BillDrom
                • Systems Glitch
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 30, 2013
                    We'll come if we can; however, it looks like we'll be making a surprise trip down south this week, so it may not be in the cards!

                    Thanks,
                    Jonathan

                    On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:22:44 -0400
                    "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...> wrote:

                    > > Updated list:
                    > >
                    > > 1. Evan
                    > > 2. Kelly
                    > > 3. Bill Deg.
                    > > 4. Jeff Brace
                    > > 5. Doug Crawford
                    > > 6. Matt W.
                    > > 7. Henry
                    > > 8. Ian
                    > > 9. Jeff J.
                    > > 10. BillDrom

                  • David Comley
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jul 1 12:15 PM

                      > Updated list:
                      >
                      > 1. Evan
                      > 2. Kelly
                      > 3. Bill Deg.
                      > 4. Jeff Brace
                      > 5. Doug Crawford
                      > 6. Matt W.
                      > 7. Henry
                      > 8. Ian
                      > 9. Jeff J.
                      > 10. BillDrom
                      11. Dave Comley

                    • tedheadster
                      Message 10 of 27 , Jul 1 4:04 PM
                        Does anybody who is coming to the Aug 3 event have a tape copy of the MicroVAX Diagnostics Monitor (MDM) tape? I need to attempt to reformat to RA70 disk drives. I don't think they're totally dead (yet).

                        - Matthew W

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jul 13 6:58 PM
                          > 1. Evan
                          > 2. Kelly
                          > 3. Bill Deg.
                          > 4. Jeff Brace
                          > 5. Doug Crawford
                          > 6. Matt W.
                          > 7. Henry
                          > 8. Ian
                          > 9. Jeff J.
                          > 10. BillDrom
                          > 11. Dave Comley

                          Anybody else planning to attend?
                        • David Riley
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jul 13 9:46 PM
                            On Jul 13, 2013, at 21:58, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                            > 1. Evan
                            > 2. Kelly
                            > 3. Bill Deg.
                            > 4. Jeff Brace
                            > 5. Doug Crawford
                            > 6. Matt W.
                            > 7. Henry
                            > 8. Ian
                            > 9. Jeff J.
                            > 10. BillDrom
                            > 11. Dave Comley

                            Anybody else planning to attend?

                            I am! It's unclear whether I can come for both days, but I'll know more later.

                            - Dave
                          • J. Alexander Jacocks
                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 14 4:45 AM

                              I'm going to try, as well.  Definitely only Saturday,  though.

                              - Alex

                              Message 14 of 27 , Jul 14 4:47 AM
                                Okay, latest list:

                                1. Evan
                                2. Kelly
                                3. BillDeg
                                4. Jeff B.
                                5. Doug C.
                                6. Matt W.
                                7. Henry
                                8. Ian
                                9. Jeff J.
                                10. BillDrom
                                11. Dave C.
                                12. Dave R.
                                13. Alex J.
                              • Jeffrey Brace
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jul 14 9:54 AM
                                  I will be working on the MARCH Commodore PET type models (i.e. educator 64, CBM 8032 etc.). Is there anyone interested in partnering with me to fix these at the workshop?

                                  Jeff Brace

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  On Jul 14, 2013, at 7:48 AM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                                  Okay, latest list:

                                  1. Evan
                                  2. Kelly
                                  3. BillDeg
                                  4. Jeff B.
                                  5. Doug C.
                                  6. Matt W.
                                  7. Henry
                                  8. Ian
                                  9. Jeff J.
                                  10. BillDrom
                                  11. Dave C.
                                  12. Dave R.
                                  13. Alex J.

                                • hornbetw
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jul 14 1:13 PM
                                    14. Tom H. I'm going to give a defin1te tentative maybe! I'm going to plan on coming, but I may have a family conflict. :(

                                    Tom

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jul 14 5:11 PM
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jul 15 7:55 AM

                                        > Okay, latest list:

                                        I should be able to attend. I've not decided what to bring but I'm considering some DEC stuff and some S-100 stuff, but not likely both. With 14 - 15 people attending, and presuming the same room, it may be getting crowded.

                                        Herb Johnson
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jul 15 8:33 AM
                                          > I should be able to attend. I've not decided what to bring but I'm
                                          considering some DEC stuff and some S-100 stuff, but not likely both. With
                                          14 - 15 people attending, and presuming the same room, it may be getting
                                          crowded.

                                          > Herb Johnson

                                          I think we're in the room from when Lee Felsenstein was at our workshop,
                                          where the 2012 festivus was.

                                          bd
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Jul 15 8:40 AM
                                            >>> presuming the same room, it may be getting
                                            crowded.

                                            >> I think we're in the room from when Lee Felsenstein was at our workshop, where the 2012 festivus was.

                                            As previously explained ... NJARC already booked the big room that we used last time (same one as for VCF exhibits, aka 9032-A), so we had to go with the small Festivus room (9059) this time. But, NJARC said they'll be done with 9032-A by 5ish on Saturday, so we're welcome to move over there if we want/need the space.

                                            The better advantage of 9032-A is there's more circuits and also 220V, so maybe we could test some of MARCH's and/or member's larger equipment.
                                          • corey986
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Jul 16 7:34 AM
                                              I'm a maybe also. Weekends in the summer tend to be hard to get away.
                                              Cheers,
                                              Corey C.
                                              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "hornbetw" <hornbetw@...> wrote:

                                              > 14. Tom H. I'm going to give a defin1te tentative maybe! I'm going to plan on coming, but I may have a family conflict. :(
                                              >
                                              > Tom

                                              > > Okay, latest list:
                                              > >
                                              > > 1. Evan
                                              > > 2. Kelly
                                              > > 3. BillDeg
                                              > > 4. Jeff B.
                                              > > 5. Doug C.
                                              > > 6. Matt W.
                                              > > 7. Henry
                                              > > 8. Ian
                                              > > 9. Jeff J.
                                              > > 10. BillDrom
                                              > > 11. Dave C.
                                              > > 12. Dave R.
                                              > > 13. Alex J.

                                            • s100doctor
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Jul 17 11:52 AM

                                                Evan wrote:

                                                > As previously explained ... NJARC already booked the big room that we used last time (same one as for VCF exhibits, aka 9032-A), so we had to go with the small Festivus room (9059) this time. But, NJARC said they'll be done with 9032-A by 5ish on Saturday, so we're welcome to move over there if we want/need the space.

                                                Evan, I don't read the MARCH maillist every day, it's not routed directly to my email reader. That also applies to a number of other groups, so it's not a choice I make unique to MARCH. I made efforts to back-read posts on this event, but I could not reasonably find and back-read every one of them. All I know, is you kept asking for "anyone else?", even with over a dozen participants.

                                                Back to the question of space for now fifteen participants: it would seem we can use TWO rooms if needed. If I have a choice, I will choose to use the larger room, later, so that those in the smaller room are not further crowded, by my late entry into the event. That's the most RESPONSIBLE thing for Herb Johnson to do. Thanks for the new-to-me information.

                                                Herb Johnson