RE: [midatlanticretro] Timex Sinclair 1000 at Field Day

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
    • Jeff Jonas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:
        > A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.

        That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)

        > Missing power supply

        As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
        under the keyboard, heating it up.

        Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
        the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
        It goes brittle from age, not use.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          On 06/29/2013 04:18 AM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
          >> A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.
          >
          > That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)
          >
          >> Missing power supply
          >
          > As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
          > under the keyboard, heating it up.
          >
          > Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
          > the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
          > It goes brittle from age, not use.

          Has anyone here done, or can anyone here do, CAD drawings of the
          (likely three) layers of the ZX81's keyboard? If I can get the CAD
          drawings, it's likely that I can get new, exact-replacement keyboards
          made for not a lot of money.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ