RE: [midatlanticretro] Timex Sinclair 1000 at Field Day

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
        -------- Original Message --------

        A 9.75 650mA power supply works.
      • Jeff Jonas
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:
          > A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.

          That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)

          > Missing power supply

          As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
          under the keyboard, heating it up.

          Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
          the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
          It goes brittle from age, not use.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
            On 06/29/2013 04:18 AM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
            >> A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.
            >
            > That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)
            >
            >> Missing power supply
            >
            > As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
            > under the keyboard, heating it up.
            >
            > Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
            > the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
            > It goes brittle from age, not use.

            Has anyone here done, or can anyone here do, CAD drawings of the
            (likely three) layers of the ZX81's keyboard? If I can get the CAD
            drawings, it's likely that I can get new, exact-replacement keyboards
            made for not a lot of money.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ