Timex Sinclair 1000 at Field Day

  • Kelly D. Leavitt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
      Of course we didn't log with it...

      A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.
      Missing power supply, but it made for some interesting computer
      discussions over the weekend.

      Kelly
    • Kelly D. Leavitt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 24, 2013
          > A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.
          > Missing power supply, but it made for some interesting computer
          > discussions over the weekend.
          >
          > Kelly

          A 9.75 650mA power supply works.
        • Jeff Jonas
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly D. Leavitt" <kelly@...> wrote:
            > A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.

            That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)

            > Missing power supply

            As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
            under the keyboard, heating it up.

            Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
            the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
            It goes brittle from age, not use.
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
              On 06/29/2013 04:18 AM, Jeff Jonas wrote:
              >> A club member picked it up for me at a yard sale for half a buck.
              >
              > That's a fair price for a lovely doorstop :-)
              >
              >> Missing power supply
              >
              > As others replied: 9V. The power regulator's
              > under the keyboard, heating it up.
              >
              > Most of MARCH's T/S 1000s and ZX81s have suffered
              > the same failure: the keyboard ribbon cable cracked.
              > It goes brittle from age, not use.

              Has anyone here done, or can anyone here do, CAD drawings of the
              (likely three) layers of the ZX81's keyboard? If I can get the CAD
              drawings, it's likely that I can get new, exact-replacement keyboards
              made for not a lot of money.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ