Re: TASM for 6800 assembly

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 23, 2013

      Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      > You should get the AS68 cross-assembler, I posted it online. Plus a nice
      > Motorola book about 6800 programming.
      > http://www.rogtronics.net/blog/?p=255
      >
      > Dan

      I have also found that not all assemblers are equal. It's convenient to have an assembler in source form, so it can be modified to suit a particular bunch of code that's written for some particular assembler not available now.

      Blah blah blah...

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/aux/swtp6800.html

      has a section "Web links to related 6800" where I point to my version of an AS68 assembler in C, which I compiled for MS-DOS. "I took some time in Nov 2011, to revive William Colley's 6800 cross assembler A68..."

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/a68_0.zip

      I also tinkered with a general cross-assembler in C, with macro support, which covers several microprocessors, and which I've also compiled for MS-DOS, called ASMX:

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/memship/asmx.html

      OK? C compilers for old 16-bit MSDOS include Turbo C. 32-bit MS-DOS (for Win 2K's DOS box) is supported by lcc-win32. These are freely available.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com