CompuPro Spectrum graphics board

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
      All --

      I was able to pick up one of the CompuPro Spectrum graphics boards. It uses a 6847 CRTC and it seems very versatile. The manual has no demo code at all so I wanted to ping the group for info. I've been through most of the CompuPro CBIOS code archive and there's really nothing there that I can see. I also know that this chip was used in the Tandy CoCo, but that uses the 6809.

      I just pulled the data sheet — maybe there's something usable for testing in that.

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers

    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Richard Cini <rich.cini@...> wrote:

        > All --
        >
        > I was able to pick up one of the CompuPro Spectrum graphics boards. It uses
        > a 6847 CRTC .... I've been through most of the
        > CompuPro CBIOS code archive and there's really nothing there

        There's a number of Compupro disk archives that are not well-documented. You may have to do awful searches like looking at disk images for "6847", stuff like that. I have one of these boards, I'll see what I have but bug me at intervals about it.

        You mentioned the CoCo (Color computer). It may be worth looking at the 6809 assembly code anyway, it's not that hard to read through Intel eyes. There may be OS-9 drivers for it.

        Other people can help, by finding other hardware that used this 6847 chip. Not the 6845, that's strictly character display.

        Herb