Re: [midatlanticretro] Cute MARCH Logo

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
      > Alight here's a crazy thought... If some systems are too new to
      represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead
      of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why
      not go with something a little different?

      > Picture a collection of different storage mediums: IBM 80 column punch
      cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2"
      floppy, an audio cassette... have like 10 different storage mediums all
      together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that
      is). That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby
      without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some
      copyright infringement issues.

      > Anyway, it was just a thought.
      >
      > -Alexander Pierson

      It might be interesting to see what sells best, should a vendor rent a
      table at a VCF and sells shirts/caps with various vintage items printed on
      them.

      Bill
    • hornbetw
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 22, 2013
        I like the look, but I think the Mac perpetuates the myth that Apple invented computing. Something more "mainframey" or a generic terminal or the 8 bit aficionado logo genericized would be better.

        Tom