Re: [midatlanticretro] Cute MARCH Logo

  • Alexander Pierson
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
      Alight here's a crazy thought...  If some systems are too new to represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why not go with something a little different?

      Picture a collection of different storage mediums:  IBM 80 column punch cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2" floppy, an audio cassette...  have like 10 different storage mediums all together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that is).  That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some copyright infringement issues.

      Anyway, it was just a thought.

      -Alexander Pierson
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
        > Alight here's a crazy thought... If some systems are too new to
        represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead
        of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why
        not go with something a little different?

        > Picture a collection of different storage mediums: IBM 80 column punch
        cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2"
        floppy, an audio cassette... have like 10 different storage mediums all
        together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that
        is). That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby
        without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some
        copyright infringement issues.

        > Anyway, it was just a thought.
        >
        > -Alexander Pierson

        It might be interesting to see what sells best, should a vendor rent a
        table at a VCF and sells shirts/caps with various vintage items printed on
        them.

        Bill
      • hornbetw
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 22, 2013
          I like the look, but I think the Mac perpetuates the myth that Apple invented computing. Something more "mainframey" or a generic terminal or the 8 bit aficionado logo genericized would be better.

          Tom