Re: [midatlanticretro] Cute MARCH Logo

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
      On Fri, 21 Jun 2013, Christian Liendo wrote:

      > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1903

      I like the concept. As others have opined though, I think the system
      is too new. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Alexander Pierson
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
        Alight here's a crazy thought...  If some systems are too new to represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why not go with something a little different?

        Picture a collection of different storage mediums:  IBM 80 column punch cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2" floppy, an audio cassette...  have like 10 different storage mediums all together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that is).  That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some copyright infringement issues.

        Anyway, it was just a thought.

        -Alexander Pierson
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
          > Alight here's a crazy thought... If some systems are too new to
          represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead
          of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why
          not go with something a little different?

          > Picture a collection of different storage mediums: IBM 80 column punch
          cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2"
          floppy, an audio cassette... have like 10 different storage mediums all
          together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that
          is). That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby
          without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some
          copyright infringement issues.

          > Anyway, it was just a thought.
          >
          > -Alexander Pierson

          It might be interesting to see what sells best, should a vendor rent a
          table at a VCF and sells shirts/caps with various vintage items printed on
          them.

          Bill
        • hornbetw
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 22, 2013
            I like the look, but I think the Mac perpetuates the myth that Apple invented computing. Something more "mainframey" or a generic terminal or the 8 bit aficionado logo genericized would be better.

            Tom