8BitAficionado Logo was Re: Cute MARCH Logo

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
      Thanks for all the opinions

      I wanted to make Workshirts and put this logo on the back
    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
        > I respectfully disagree. It's not our job to bend to the masses education
        > level as far as what *we* know and do. See my point? A nice style-ized
        > 24-pin chip is generic enough to cover nearly everything we as a club are
        > into. Some of us think *any* MAC is too new for our group and will foster the
        > endless that is vintage discussions we have every so often. Not what we want
        > to have to explain every time someone sees our logo. Another idea would be a
        > stylized front panel blinking lights, that's more on topic.
        >
        > BIll

        How about a nice 1702A chip. That says it all.

        BillDrom
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
          On Fri, 21 Jun 2013, Christian Liendo wrote:

          > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1903

          I like the concept. As others have opined though, I think the system
          is too new. :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Alexander Pierson
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
            Alight here's a crazy thought...  If some systems are too new to represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why not go with something a little different?

            Picture a collection of different storage mediums:  IBM 80 column punch cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2" floppy, an audio cassette...  have like 10 different storage mediums all together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that is).  That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some copyright infringement issues.

            Anyway, it was just a thought.

            -Alexander Pierson
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
              > Alight here's a crazy thought... If some systems are too new to
              represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead
              of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why
              not go with something a little different?

              > Picture a collection of different storage mediums: IBM 80 column punch
              cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2"
              floppy, an audio cassette... have like 10 different storage mediums all
              together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that
              is). That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby
              without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some
              copyright infringement issues.

              > Anyway, it was just a thought.
              >
              > -Alexander Pierson

              It might be interesting to see what sells best, should a vendor rent a
              table at a VCF and sells shirts/caps with various vintage items printed on
              them.

              Bill
            • hornbetw
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 22, 2013
                I like the look, but I think the Mac perpetuates the myth that Apple invented computing. Something more "mainframey" or a generic terminal or the 8 bit aficionado logo genericized would be better.

                Tom