Re: [midatlanticretro] Cute MARCH Logo

    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
      On 06/21/2013 11:17 AM, Dan Roganti wrote:
      > niceeee,
      > reminds me of a Merit Badge
      > I can see it now, you have to test your skills to achieve a new ranking in
      > the retro group.
      > And you have to get a badge made for each computer, in the ultimate geekdom :)

      I like it!!

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
        Christian Liendo wrote:
        > I had her do a design for me.. Which is below
        >

        > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1905

        I'd buy a t-shirt with that on it in a second.

        Bill S
      • Neil Cherry
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
          On 06/21/2013 11:18 AM, Christian Liendo wrote:
          > I had her do a design for me.. Which is below
          >
          > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1905

          I like this one but if you can keep the front panel clean as it
          make it much more understandable. The rest can still suggest the
          'oldness'.

          http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
          http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
            Thanks for all the opinions

            I wanted to make Workshirts and put this logo on the back
          • Bill Dromgoole
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
              > I respectfully disagree. It's not our job to bend to the masses education
              > level as far as what *we* know and do. See my point? A nice style-ized
              > 24-pin chip is generic enough to cover nearly everything we as a club are
              > into. Some of us think *any* MAC is too new for our group and will foster the
              > endless that is vintage discussions we have every so often. Not what we want
              > to have to explain every time someone sees our logo. Another idea would be a
              > stylized front panel blinking lights, that's more on topic.
              >
              > BIll

              How about a nice 1702A chip. That says it all.

              BillDrom
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                On Fri, 21 Jun 2013, Christian Liendo wrote:

                > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1903

                I like the concept. As others have opined though, I think the system
                is too new. :-)

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • Alexander Pierson
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                  Alight here's a crazy thought...  If some systems are too new to represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why not go with something a little different?

                  Picture a collection of different storage mediums:  IBM 80 column punch cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2" floppy, an audio cassette...  have like 10 different storage mediums all together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that is).  That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some copyright infringement issues.

                  Anyway, it was just a thought.

                  -Alexander Pierson
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                    > Alight here's a crazy thought... If some systems are too new to
                    represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead
                    of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why
                    not go with something a little different?

                    > Picture a collection of different storage mediums: IBM 80 column punch
                    cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2"
                    floppy, an audio cassette... have like 10 different storage mediums all
                    together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that
                    is). That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby
                    without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some
                    copyright infringement issues.

                    > Anyway, it was just a thought.
                    >
                    > -Alexander Pierson

                    It might be interesting to see what sells best, should a vendor rent a
                    table at a VCF and sells shirts/caps with various vintage items printed on
                    them.

                    Bill
                  • hornbetw
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 22, 2013
                      I like the look, but I think the Mac perpetuates the myth that Apple invented computing. Something more "mainframey" or a generic terminal or the 8 bit aficionado logo genericized would be better.

                      Tom