Re: [midatlanticretro] Cute MARCH Logo

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
      On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:
      _____________________________
      From: "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <VAXman@...>
      >It can't be viewed by list-only members.

      I posted it on my blog

      http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1903

      niceeee,
      reminds me of a Merit Badge
      I can see it now, you have to test your skills to achieve a new ranking in the retro group.
      And you have to get a badge made for each computer, in the ultimate geekdom  :)

      Dan

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
        I had her do a design for me.. Which is below

        http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1905

        I always liked the vintage car t-shirts and I asked for her to make this for me..

        She did a nice job, so I asked her to make one for the group..

        I gave her a bunch of images some idea of what I wanted it to look like.

        I then let her decide how it should look because I don't have an eye for that.

        If anything it gives you some inspiration on what you may want to do with the next logo or t-shirt design.
      • billdeg
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013

          > If anything it gives you some inspiration on what you may want to do with the next logo or t-shirt design.

          She's a pro designer, the image can easily be swapped around. Making 5 T-shirt designs were you can pick the one you like is also a way to take this. That way everyone is happy.

          Good thread, thanks Chris.
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
            On 06/21/2013 11:17 AM, Dan Roganti wrote:
            > niceeee,
            > reminds me of a Merit Badge
            > I can see it now, you have to test your skills to achieve a new ranking in
            > the retro group.
            > And you have to get a badge made for each computer, in the ultimate geekdom :)

            I like it!!

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
              Christian Liendo wrote:
              > I had her do a design for me.. Which is below
              >

              > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1905

              I'd buy a t-shirt with that on it in a second.

              Bill S
            • Neil Cherry
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                On 06/21/2013 11:18 AM, Christian Liendo wrote:
                > I had her do a design for me.. Which is below
                >
                > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1905

                I like this one but if you can keep the front panel clean as it
                make it much more understandable. The rest can still suggest the
                'oldness'.

                http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
                http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                  Thanks for all the opinions

                  I wanted to make Workshirts and put this logo on the back
                • Bill Dromgoole
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                    > I respectfully disagree. It's not our job to bend to the masses education
                    > level as far as what *we* know and do. See my point? A nice style-ized
                    > 24-pin chip is generic enough to cover nearly everything we as a club are
                    > into. Some of us think *any* MAC is too new for our group and will foster the
                    > endless that is vintage discussions we have every so often. Not what we want
                    > to have to explain every time someone sees our logo. Another idea would be a
                    > stylized front panel blinking lights, that's more on topic.
                    >
                    > BIll

                    How about a nice 1702A chip. That says it all.

                    BillDrom
                  • Mike Loewen
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                      On Fri, 21 Jun 2013, Christian Liendo wrote:

                      > http://8bitaficionado.com/?attachment_id=1903

                      I like the concept. As others have opined though, I think the system
                      is too new. :-)

                      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                    • Alexander Pierson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                        Alight here's a crazy thought...  If some systems are too new to represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why not go with something a little different?

                        Picture a collection of different storage mediums:  IBM 80 column punch cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2" floppy, an audio cassette...  have like 10 different storage mediums all together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that is).  That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some copyright infringement issues.

                        Anyway, it was just a thought.

                        -Alexander Pierson
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 21, 2013
                          > Alight here's a crazy thought... If some systems are too new to
                          represent MARCH for some, and others are deemed too old by others, instead
                          of trying to find that *one* system that can stand to represent us all, why
                          not go with something a little different?

                          > Picture a collection of different storage mediums: IBM 80 column punch
                          cards, some good ol' paper tape, an 8" floppy, a 5 1/4" floppy, a 3 1/2"
                          floppy, an audio cassette... have like 10 different storage mediums all
                          together from the earliest to the latest (for our era of operation that
                          is). That way just about everybody has something to represent the hobby
                          without worrying about company logos getting on em, and starting some
                          copyright infringement issues.

                          > Anyway, it was just a thought.
                          >
                          > -Alexander Pierson

                          It might be interesting to see what sells best, should a vendor rent a
                          table at a VCF and sells shirts/caps with various vintage items printed on
                          them.

                          Bill
                        • hornbetw
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 22, 2013
                            I like the look, but I think the Mac perpetuates the myth that Apple invented computing. Something more "mainframey" or a generic terminal or the 8 bit aficionado logo genericized would be better.

                            Tom