Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: Township resoliciting bids for Camp Evans transformer

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
      "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

      >> There's still no update on a timeframe for when MARCH must move our
      >storage to a different H-building section. My personal opinion is that
      >it'll probably happen around September, because we were recently told that
      >roofing will be done in August, and everyone knows how slow government
      >moves.
      >>

      >Can you expand upon why we have to move everything to another H building
      >location? I don't remember the reason. Will the roof overhead remain
      >intact during the roof work? Will tarps or covers be needed to protect the
      >items?

      As you probably know, everything beneath the rafters is open. At a minimum,
      I'd cover the collection with some sort of tarpaulin to keep dust and debris
      off of the collection while the roof is being redone.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
        >> Can you expand upon why we have to move everything to another H building location?

        Because our collection is located in a section that the Sandy people intend to renovate.

        My first reaction was, "Why don't they just work on the back buildings that are already empty and out-of-the-way?" But then Fred explained his reasons (mostly long-term ones) and they make sense.

        Unfortunately MARCH is impacted in this more than any other group.