Re: [midatlanticretro] Fw: Township resoliciting bids for Camp Evans transformer

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2013
      MARCHins,

      Here's the article from earlier tonight, for those who can't view list attachments.

      It contains some new information, but there's more back story. For example, it cites Fred as saying the volunteers might not arrive until September. But there are still many Sandy volunteers around -- just not overnight ones.

      It sounds to me like the whole situation is in flux. We're all rooting for the museum power to come back ASAP because the Sandy project will accomplish great things for the Jersey shore and bring in much-needed funds to Infoage.

      There's still no update on a timeframe for when MARCH must move our storage to a different H-building section. My personal opinion is that it'll probably happen around September, because we were recently told that roofing will be done in August, and everyone knows how slow government moves.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013

        > There's still no update on a timeframe for when MARCH must move our
        storage to a different H-building section. My personal opinion is that
        it'll probably happen around September, because we were recently told that
        roofing will be done in August, and everyone knows how slow government
        moves.

        Can you expand upon why we have to move everything to another H building
        location? I don't remember the reason. Will the roof overhead remain
        intact during the roof work? Will tarps or covers be needed to protect the
        items?

        BIll
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
          "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

          >> There's still no update on a timeframe for when MARCH must move our
          >storage to a different H-building section. My personal opinion is that
          >it'll probably happen around September, because we were recently told that
          >roofing will be done in August, and everyone knows how slow government
          >moves.
          >>

          >Can you expand upon why we have to move everything to another H building
          >location? I don't remember the reason. Will the roof overhead remain
          >intact during the roof work? Will tarps or covers be needed to protect the
          >items?

          As you probably know, everything beneath the rafters is open. At a minimum,
          I'd cover the collection with some sort of tarpaulin to keep dust and debris
          off of the collection while the roof is being redone.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2013
            >> Can you expand upon why we have to move everything to another H building location?

            Because our collection is located in a section that the Sandy people intend to renovate.

            My first reaction was, "Why don't they just work on the back buildings that are already empty and out-of-the-way?" But then Fred explained his reasons (mostly long-term ones) and they make sense.

            Unfortunately MARCH is impacted in this more than any other group.