Re: Paging Bryan Pope! Was: Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11 Programmers WANTED!

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
      David Riley <fraveydank@...> writes:

      >On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Pope <pet4032@...> wrote:
      >
      >> On 6/19/2013 11:55 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >>=20
      >>>=20=20
      >ts are going to keep their existing PDP-11's running until 2050, so right n=
      >ow, GE is scouring Vintage Computer forums in search of PDP-11 programmers.=
      >>>=20
      >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_=
      >2050/
      >>>=20
      >>> Whoa, the VC Forum ad specifies Ontario ... paging Bryan Pope!
      >> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
      > drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
      >
      >Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.

      I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
      populated state capitol. ;)

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
        On 06/19/2013 03:53 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
        >>> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
        >> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
        >>
        >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
        >
        > I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
        > populated state capitol. ;)

        There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
        not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
        happened there.

        I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
        several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
        building that you can practically pee on it.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
          Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > >> I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
          >
          > So you admit Canada is nowhere and you all ride Yaks to work? :)

          Actually, dog sleds.

          Bill S
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
            On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

            >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
            >
            > I know a rather famous nuke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a
            > rather populated state capitol. ;)

            And, contrary to to what they think, Harrisburg is NOT Central PA. :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
              Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

              >>> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
              >>>
              >>> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
              >>
              >> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
              >> populated state capitol. ;)
              >
              > There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
              >not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
              >happened there.
              >
              > I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
              >several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
              >building that you can practically pee on it.

              I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                On 06/19/2013 04:13 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

                >>> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
                >>> populated state capitol. ;)
                >>
                >> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                >> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                >> happened there.
                >>
                >> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                >> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                >> building that you can practically pee on it.
                >
                > I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

                Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                  Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                  >>> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                  >>> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                  >>> happened there.
                  >>>
                  >>> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                  >>> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                  >>> building that you can practically pee on it.
                  >>
                  >> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                  >
                  > Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                  You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                    On 06/19/2013 09:02 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                    >>> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                    >>
                    >> Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)
                    >
                    > You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                    Hey, I think I saw a band by that name in Baltimore.

                    But no thanks, I'll pass...I wasn't compiled with that option! ;)

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                      >> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                      There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                        On 06/19/2013 09:06 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                        >>> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)
                        >
                        > There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)

                        ROFL!! Well put!

                        --
                        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ