Re: Paging Bryan Pope! Was: Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11 Programmers WANTED!

  • David Riley
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
      On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Pope <pet4032@...> wrote:

      >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_2050/
      >>
      >> Whoa, the VC Forum ad specifies Ontario ... paging Bryan Pope!
      > LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)

      Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.

      - Dave
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
        David Riley <fraveydank@...> writes:

        >On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Pope <pet4032@...> wrote:
        >
        >> On 6/19/2013 11:55 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        >>=20
        >>>=20=20
        >ts are going to keep their existing PDP-11's running until 2050, so right n=
        >ow, GE is scouring Vintage Computer forums in search of PDP-11 programmers.=
        >>>=20
        >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_=
        >2050/
        >>>=20
        >>> Whoa, the VC Forum ad specifies Ontario ... paging Bryan Pope!
        >> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
        > drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
        >
        >Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.

        I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
        populated state capitol. ;)

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
          On 06/19/2013 03:53 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
          >>> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
          >> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
          >>
          >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
          >
          > I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
          > populated state capitol. ;)

          There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
          not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
          happened there.

          I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
          several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
          building that you can practically pee on it.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Bill Sudbrink
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
            Evan Koblentz wrote:
            > >> I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
            >
            > So you admit Canada is nowhere and you all ride Yaks to work? :)

            Actually, dog sleds.

            Bill S
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
              On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

              >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
              >
              > I know a rather famous nuke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a
              > rather populated state capitol. ;)

              And, contrary to to what they think, Harrisburg is NOT Central PA. :-)

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                >>> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
                >>>
                >>> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
                >>
                >> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
                >> populated state capitol. ;)
                >
                > There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                >not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                >happened there.
                >
                > I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                >several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                >building that you can practically pee on it.

                I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                  On 06/19/2013 04:13 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

                  >>> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
                  >>> populated state capitol. ;)
                  >>
                  >> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                  >> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                  >> happened there.
                  >>
                  >> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                  >> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                  >> building that you can practically pee on it.
                  >
                  > I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

                  Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  New Kensington, PA
                • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                    Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                    >>> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                    >>> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                    >>> happened there.
                    >>>
                    >>> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                    >>> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                    >>> building that you can practically pee on it.
                    >>
                    >> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                    >
                    > Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                    You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                      On 06/19/2013 09:02 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                      >>> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                      >>
                      >> Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)
                      >
                      > You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                      Hey, I think I saw a band by that name in Baltimore.

                      But no thanks, I'll pass...I wasn't compiled with that option! ;)

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                        >> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                        There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                          On 06/19/2013 09:06 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                          >>> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)
                          >
                          > There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)

                          ROFL!! Well put!

                          --
                          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ