Re: Paging Bryan Pope! Was: Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11 Programmers WANTED!

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
      On 06/19/2013 01:26 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      >>> I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
      >
      > So you admit Canada is nowhere and you all ride Yaks to work? :)

      I ALWAYS SUSPECTED THAT!!

      --
      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
        On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Pope <pet4032@...> wrote:

        >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_2050/
        >>
        >> Whoa, the VC Forum ad specifies Ontario ... paging Bryan Pope!
        > LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)

        Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.

        - Dave
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
          David Riley <fraveydank@...> writes:

          >On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Pope <pet4032@...> wrote:
          >
          >> On 6/19/2013 11:55 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
          >>=20
          >>>=20=20
          >ts are going to keep their existing PDP-11's running until 2050, so right n=
          >ow, GE is scouring Vintage Computer forums in search of PDP-11 programmers.=
          >>>=20
          >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_=
          >2050/
          >>>=20
          >>> Whoa, the VC Forum ad specifies Ontario ... paging Bryan Pope!
          >> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
          > drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
          >
          >Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.

          I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
          populated state capitol. ;)

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
            On 06/19/2013 03:53 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
            >>> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
            >> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
            >>
            >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
            >
            > I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
            > populated state capitol. ;)

            There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
            not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
            happened there.

            I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
            several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
            building that you can practically pee on it.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
            New Kensington, PA
          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > >> I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
              >
              > So you admit Canada is nowhere and you all ride Yaks to work? :)

              Actually, dog sleds.

              Bill S
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

                >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
                >
                > I know a rather famous nuke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a
                > rather populated state capitol. ;)

                And, contrary to to what they think, Harrisburg is NOT Central PA. :-)

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                  Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                  >>> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
                  >>>
                  >>> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
                  >>
                  >> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
                  >> populated state capitol. ;)
                  >
                  > There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                  >not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                  >happened there.
                  >
                  > I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                  >several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                  >building that you can practically pee on it.

                  I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                    On 06/19/2013 04:13 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

                    >>> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
                    >>> populated state capitol. ;)
                    >>
                    >> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                    >> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                    >> happened there.
                    >>
                    >> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                    >> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                    >> building that you can practically pee on it.
                    >
                    > I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

                    Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                    New Kensington, PA
                  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                      >>> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                      >>> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                      >>> happened there.
                      >>>
                      >>> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                      >>> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                      >>> building that you can practically pee on it.
                      >>
                      >> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                      >
                      > Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                      You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                        On 06/19/2013 09:02 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                        >>> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                        >>
                        >> Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)
                        >
                        > You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                        Hey, I think I saw a band by that name in Baltimore.

                        But no thanks, I'll pass...I wasn't compiled with that option! ;)

                        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                          >> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                          There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                            On 06/19/2013 09:06 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                            >>> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)
                            >
                            > There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)

                            ROFL!! Well put!

                            --
                            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ