Re: Paging Bryan Pope! Was: Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP-11 Programmers WANTED!

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
      >> I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)

      So you admit Canada is nowhere and you all ride Yaks to work? :)
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
        On 06/19/2013 01:26 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        >>> I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
        >
        > So you admit Canada is nowhere and you all ride Yaks to work? :)

        I ALWAYS SUSPECTED THAT!!

        --
        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
          On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Pope <pet4032@...> wrote:

          >> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_2050/
          >>
          >> Whoa, the VC Forum ad specifies Ontario ... paging Bryan Pope!
          > LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)

          Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.

          - Dave
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
            David Riley <fraveydank@...> writes:

            >On Jun 19, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Bryan Pope <pet4032@...> wrote:
            >
            >> On 6/19/2013 11:55 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >>=20
            >>>=20=20
            >ts are going to keep their existing PDP-11's running until 2050, so right n=
            >ow, GE is scouring Vintage Computer forums in search of PDP-11 programmers.=
            >>>=20
            >>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/19/nuke_plants_to_keep_pdp11_until_=
            >2050/
            >>>=20
            >>> Whoa, the VC Forum ad specifies Ontario ... paging Bryan Pope!
            >> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
            > drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
            >
            >Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.

            I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
            populated state capitol. ;)

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
              On 06/19/2013 03:53 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
              >>> LOL! and specifically it is in Peterborough, which is aboot a three hour=
              >> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
              >>
              >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
              >
              > I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
              > populated state capitol. ;)

              There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
              not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
              happened there.

              I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
              several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
              building that you can practically pee on it.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • Bill Sudbrink
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                > >> I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
                >
                > So you admit Canada is nowhere and you all ride Yaks to work? :)

                Actually, dog sleds.

                Bill S
              • Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                  On Wed, 19 Jun 2013, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

                  >> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
                  >
                  > I know a rather famous nuke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a
                  > rather populated state capitol. ;)

                  And, contrary to to what they think, Harrisburg is NOT Central PA. :-)

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                    Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                    >>> drive from me. I would consider it north of nowhere.. ;)
                    >>>
                    >>> Well, that *is* where they like to put nuclear power plants.
                    >>
                    >> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
                    >> populated state capitol. ;)
                    >
                    > There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                    >not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                    >happened there.
                    >
                    > I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                    >several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                    >building that you can practically pee on it.

                    I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                      On 06/19/2013 04:13 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

                      >>> I know a rather famous nke plant that sits on the Susquehanna near a rather
                      >>> populated state capitol. ;)
                      >>
                      >> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                      >> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                      >> happened there.
                      >>
                      >> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                      >> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                      >> building that you can practically pee on it.
                      >
                      > I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)

                      Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                      New Kensington, PA
                    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                        Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                        >>> There's one on the shore of Lake Erie in Ohio too, in a
                        >>> not-exactly-sparse area. Two of the five worst US nuke incidents
                        >>> happened there.
                        >>>
                        >>> I drove past it on a trip to Michigan to pick up a Heath H8 system
                        >>> several months ago. The road takes you so close to the containment
                        >>> building that you can practically pee on it.
                        >>
                        >> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                        >
                        > Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)

                        You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                          On 06/19/2013 09:02 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                          >>> I wouldn't expose my privates anywhere near nuclear material! ;)
                          >>
                          >> Well sure, but...Do you wear lead underwear or something? ;)
                          >
                          > You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                          Hey, I think I saw a band by that name in Baltimore.

                          But no thanks, I'll pass...I wasn't compiled with that option! ;)

                          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                            >> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)

                            There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 19, 2013
                              On 06/19/2013 09:06 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                              >>> You wanna see me in my lead speedo? :) :) :)
                              >
                              > There is no keg of beer large enough to make us want to see that! :)

                              ROFL!! Well put!

                              --
                              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ